Becton at #2?

Suffering_Bills

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Every year workout warriors get overrated by the combine lol. I bet you loved Bruce Campbell

Sorry I'm confused with this comment. I know there are WOW however these tackles are not workout warriors they dominated on the field as well.

Also so what he liked Cambell. We all aren't perfect when we look at a player.

I'm a Pats fan and I thought CB Cyrus Jones was the steal of the draft :o:D

Edited by m haynes

4 hours ago, Epyon said:

Becton is hardly a sure fire prospect..... Elite size/athleticism at a position where athleticism is huge? Absolutely...  but he's not Quentin Nelson at guard levels of polished technically, and many draft boards didn't even have him as a first rounder until recently. 

He's athletic enough to have a -VERY- high ceiling if he can take coaching very well, but his athleticism is often compensating for lapses in technique, and I don't think he's going to be getting away with that nearly as much at the NFL level when going against similarly athletic freaks. I've got him pegged in that 10-20 range of the first round. 

He's good, but you're drafting him more on what he could be, than what he is, imo.

"

he's not Quentin Nelson at guard "

Come on he's  a guard and were talking tackle. Becton is only 20 years old.  You use Nelson as a comparison a guard that when all said and done might be rated right up there with John Hannah and Larry Allen.

If Becton is 70% as talented as Nelson, I would be doing back flips with a smile on my face!!:D

He's good, but you're drafting him more on what he could be, than what he is, imo.

That's what your supposed to do as a organization.  What he is has no bearing at the next level.  Tim Tebow would be the 1st pick in the draft if you took him "for what he is " coming out of college.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Sorry I'm confused with this comment. I know there are WOW however these tackles are not workout warriors they dominated on the field as well.

Also so what he liked Cambell. We all aren't perfect when we look at a player.

I'm a Pats fan and I thought CB Cyrus Jones was the steal of the draft :o:D

No one would've said this dude was even remotely worth the second overall pick until he worked out. I call that workout warrior, you don't. That's fine

We’ve been fooled by insane athleticism in trench guys before.   This helps his stock a ton but keep in mind he’s nowhere near as battle-proven as Wirfs or Thomas.  And he falls behind the top 3 in pass pro technique.   That matters a lot.   Just ask DEN fans about Garrett Bolles (all the athletic traits but zero brains and terrible technique after 3 years).  

I get the hesitation with Bama OL because they play on teams that across the board are usually miles ahead of the opposition and the belief Saban & co. have maxed out their ability.   A big reason why there are more misses when Bama OL move up.    But I wouldn’t take Bechton over Thomas / Wirfs.  And Wills would be tough to pass up.   After that sure you’ve got my attention.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

We’ve been fooled by insane athleticism in trench guys before.   This helps his stock a ton but keep in mind he’s nowhere near as battle-proven as Wirfs or Thomas.  And he falls behind the top 3 in pass pro technique.   That matters a lot.   Just ask DEN fans about Garrett Bolles (all the athletic traits but zero brains and terrible technique after 3 years).  

I get the hesitation with Bama OL because they play on teams that across the board are usually miles ahead of the opposition and the belief Saban & co. have maxed out their ability.   A big reason why there are more misses when Bama OL move up.    But I wouldn’t take Bechton over Thomas / Wirfs.  And Wills would be tough to pass up.   After that sure you’ve got my attention.    

Keim has a decision on his hands between Wirfs and Wills.  How often does a team with a glaring need at RT have two elite specifically RT’s to choose from?  Also whatever happened to dominant LT’s.  There was a time when Ogden, Pace, Jones, Boselli, Roaf etc were all in their prime at the same time.  

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I figured he'd be gone after this year.

I think the most likely outcome for Kerrigan is us extending him to a reasonable 2-3 year contract.

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

4 of them are on rookie deals if y'all take Chase, correct?  So they'd have to be re-signed which would be a lot of money to devote to one position group on their second contracts.  I'd still do it though.

Correct. 6, if you include Tim Settle and Ryan Anderson as part of the corps.  Though Anderson shouldn't ever be asked to play DE IMO.