future QBs

LoganF89

34 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

how bout we overpay for kirk- draft good (hopefully) and build this team up over the next few years and be competitive. 

I know you're a big fan of Kirk and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but I don't see the team paying him. If they wouldn't pay him $24M a year they're definitely not going to pay him $30M a year. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I know you're a big fan of Kirk and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but I don't see the team paying him. If they wouldn't pay him $24M a year they're definitely not going to pay him $30M a year. 

TBD, depends on how clutch Kirk is the rest of the year, if we make the playoffs and if we win a playoff game.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

do you understand what market rate is? paying him know will be a discount compared to next year.

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

do you understand what market rate is? paying him know will be a discount compared to next year.

We can't give Kirk a contract until after the season because of the franchise tag and he wouldn't do it anyways unless we paid him like Luck or Stafford. He's made that much clear.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Same. I'm still a fan of Kirk. But I seriously don't see this team paying him close to $30m/year. 

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

They aren't going to pay him and they've shown this. I have no idea why this is even an argument? They aren't paying him $24M when he played well, they aren't going to pay him $30M when he's playing like crap. 

And honestly, there's no need for you to be a smart ***. I'm only going by what the team has done. If you suddenly think they're going to have a change of heart and hand Kirk a blank check you're fooling yourself. This team obviously does not care what the market says Kirk should be paid, they aren't paying it. 

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Same. I'm still a fan of Kirk. But I seriously don't see this team paying him close to $30m/year. 

I don't see any team giving him the most expensive contract in the NFL unless something drastically changes with his game the final 12 games. It's already clear that he's not the same without Djax & Garcon.

I definitely slept on how much they mattered to KC and the passing game.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't see any team giving him the most expensive contract in the NFL unless something drastically changes with his game the final 12 games. It's already clear that he's not the same without Djax & Garcon.

I definitely slept on how much they mattered to KC and the passing game.

Yeah, I mean it takes 2 to tango so to speak. The receivers have to run the routes correctly and win quickly. And the QB has to not only read the defense, but identify the receivers who have won and get them the ball.

Both ends of the pass are out of synch right now. And they weren't with Garcon and DJax knowing how to play the position and Kirk having a bit more time to throw...and throwing accurately

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Alex Smith makes Kirk Cousins look like Vikings-era Randall Cunningham. The guy refuses to throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field. If fans are annoyed with Kirk checking down, wait until Alex Smith got here lol

He be the perfect vet qb tho if we draft a qb tho . Smith would excel in this offense and is having a great start already .

11 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol a lot of you kept saying Allen was stupid for not resigning Kirk but boy o boy how better does it look that we didn't do it .

kirk still has a chance to come back but that depends on his play . 

Yeah, I agree that so far KC doesn't look great but it's very early in the season. Last year he really didn't hit his stride until after the first two weeks of the season. I will say, it's going to be pretty impossible for Kirk to match his yardage numbers from last year seeing as he's only thrown for 419 yards in two games.

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Alex Smith makes Kirk Cousins look like Vikings-era Randall Cunningham. The guy refuses to throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field. If fans are annoyed with Kirk checking down, wait until Alex Smith got here lol

I guess you haven't watched Alex this year.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I agree that so far KC doesn't look great but it's very early in the season. Last year he really didn't hit his stride until after the first two weeks of the season. I will say, it's going to be pretty impossible for Kirk to match his yardage numbers from last year seeing as he's only thrown for 419 yards in two games.

People fail to realize something .

We can probably get Kirk cheaper than expected let's say he finished 19 td and 15 ints ... ok that's an average year so his price would go down . If he had 30 td or a probowl year than we are gonna regardless give him the contract we wanted .

what we are doing is we are trying to get him cheaper while making sure his two years arent a fluke .

whats the problem with that? If we had given him 160 millions for 4-5 years skins fans would be calling for Allen head talking about he's an idiot for giving him a contract with Kirk poor start .

Archived