future QBs

LoganF89

9 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

If we want Kirk back he will be back even if it's 200 million dollars . Trust me people wanna bash the skins but we aren't in the vinny era we are pretty good at negotiating contracts and one thing Allen does well are contracts .

Allen does do well w/ getting cheap free agents but that doesn't exactly mean that they are the right free agents to sign. For example, the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants & Jags paid heavily for their interior DL but it's made their interior DL much better. It would be nice to have just one of those 4 guy's:

Calias Campbell, Malik Jackson, Dontari Poe or Snacks Harrison 

52 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

People fail to realize something .

We can probably get Kirk cheaper than expected let's say he finished 19 td and 15 ints ... ok that's an average year so his price would go down . If he had 30 td or a probowl year than we are gonna regardless give him the contract we wanted .

what we are doing is we are trying to get him cheaper while making sure his two years arent a fluke .

whats the problem with that? If we had given him 160 millions for 4-5 years skins fans would be calling for Allen head talking about he's an idiot for giving him a contract with Kirk poor start .

Yeah that's not how this works...

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

People fail to realize something .

We can probably get Kirk cheaper than expected let's say he finished 19 td and 15 ints ... ok that's an average year so his price would go down . If he had 30 td or a probowl year than we are gonna regardless give him the contract we wanted .

what we are doing is we are trying to get him cheaper while making sure his two years arent a fluke .

whats the problem with that? If we had given him 160 millions for 4-5 years skins fans would be calling for Allen head talking about he's an idiot for giving him a contract with Kirk poor start .

Yeah, given his last 2 years, if he goes 19TD and 15INT his price isn't going to come down much given that he will be a Pro Bowl QB in his prime that is a FA. There will be teams willing to open their checkbooks for that.

its hard to get a very good to great starting qb. I think Cousins can be very good in the right system where he has a great running game. He's not Bree's or Rodgers that can win games by himself. This whole situation with not signing cousins two years ago is a mystery

1. is it just about money? In the NFL you never need lose a player when its about money because of the cap. Baseball- you can lose guys all the time because of money

2. Is it because Snyder and Allen don't want cousins because they wanted Mr. All In ?

3. Is it because Cousins doesn't want to sign a long term deal with the redskins? is it snyder, allen or ngruden the cause??

4. or is a simple "Failure of value" meaning we think you are worth X and Cousins thinks he is worth Y and some other team will pay him Y?

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

13 yards per completion week 1, 12 yards per completion in week 2

In week 1 he averaged 10.2 ypa and then in week 2 he averaged 9 ypa. He passed for over 350 yards the first week which is completely out of character for Smith and then started regressing towards the mean in week 2 with a sizzling 250 yards for four quarters of football. 

His career ypa average is 7. If you're really arguing that a 33- year old checkdown QB has suddenly had some religious experience and turned himself into Ben Rothlisberger and wants to air it out all game I think you're sadly mistaken. 

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

In week 1 he averaged 10.2 ypa and then in week 2 he averaged 9 ypa. He passed for over 350 yards the first week which is completely out of character for Smith and then started regressing towards the mean in week 2 with a sizzling 250 yards for four quarters of football. 

His career ypa average is 7. If you're really arguing that a 33- year old checkdown QB has suddenly had some religious experience and turned himself into Ben Rothlisberger and wants to air it out all game I think you're sadly mistaken. 

The Chiefs have made a concerted effort to throw the ball downfield more and from what I can tell it's working. I went off his yards per completion, not yards per attempt. Yards per completion are a few yards higher.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:16 PM, turtle28 said:

Allen does do well w/ getting cheap free agents but that doesn't exactly mean that they are the right free agents to sign. For example, the Chiefs, Falcons, Giants & Jags paid heavily for their interior DL but it's made their interior DL much better. It would be nice to have just one of those 4 guy's:

Calias Campbell, Malik Jackson, Dontari Poe or Snacks Harrison 

I mean yea but we aren't gonna spend tons and tons of money for huge contracts . We might have to this next off season like maybe Breeland if he continues playing well and Moses .. depending on Pryor we probably sign big bucks and I'm hoping ODB becomes a FA somehow some way .

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I mean yea but we aren't gonna spend tons and tons of money for huge contracts . We might have to this next off season like maybe Breeland if he continues playing well and Moses .. depending on Pryor we probably sign big bucks and I'm hoping ODB becomes a FA somehow some way .

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but we've been doing a good job of developing our own drafted players - particularly since Jay got here - but I do think we need to spend more on just 1 top end FA in each offseason. You know, like we did with Norman and before that Jackson & Hatcher. It'd be nice to have one of those interior DL.

I think if Bree continues to play at an above average level he's going to be gone unless we move on from Norman - which is highly unlikely - we drafted two 1st round talent CBs in the last two drafts who look like the real deal and either could step in to Bree's role as the #2 corner.

So what I can gather is that despite missing his top wr - Meredith - and Kevin White being lost for the season again, Glennon has been average.

If we had to trade for him next year - if we were to lose Kirk - to be our stop gap until a rookie is ready, it seems at worst he'd be average and probably not too far off from what Kirk plays like most of the time.

I'd really like to see this for Kirk Cousins.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:09 PM, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Belichick loves Jimmy G and there's serious talk that he thinks he's "the next guy". People here think that there's a good chance they franchise him AND keep Brady. I honestly don't know what they'll do. 

That would be friggin' hilarious considering that would mean that Tom Brady would have a $14M 2018 salary and Garappolo would have a $25+M salary. Capwise, Brady comes out to about $22M, so even there it Jimmy would be more expensive.

I cannot see any way the Patriots tie up nearly $50M in cap space in two players that play the same position but cannot be on the field at the same time.

Archived