I have zero excitement for this year's draft

VanS

Trying my hardest to get into the combine and just can't.  The talent level this year across the board seems to be extremely subpar. 

None of the QBs excite me.   You all know how I feel about Burrow.  I'm not high on Tua either.  Even if he recovers from the hip, he'll probably get injured again.  He was very injury prone in college even before that injury.  The WR class is extremely overhyped IMO.  It might have decent depth but there is no true elite top-end talent.  And finally, Chase Young, the player everyone keeps gushing over as the top player in the entire draft looks like he could be an outright bust to me.

All in all, this draft reminds me of 2015.  It had tons of hype with Winston and Mariota going #1 and #2.  And we all know how that turned out.  I'm seeing very little in the way of elite talent in this year's draft.  

You clearly just like getting attention.  How you cannot get excited about the top end of this OT class is insane.  What Tristan Wirfs did yesterday is historic, what Simmons could do today will be historic, what Becton did yesterday was historic.  It is a crazy deep group of RBs and WRs, two high end QBs among a few other quality players at the QB spot.  It is a very deep draft class, what else you want?

Sure the safety position is a little weak depth wise but a few could surprise, same with CB.  DE class and DT class is nothing great but obviously considering what was in that class last year.  And high end there are a few very good DL prospects obviously being Chase Young and Derrick Brown.

Don't give a crap about QBs for once, if you were not impressed with Tristan Wirfs yesterday I have no clue what you were watching.  Oh and how could any OT look better than Jedrick Wills in those field drills over the past 5-10 years, dude was insanely good moving side to side.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You clearly just like getting attention.  How you cannot get excited about the top end of this OT class is insane.  What Tristan Wirfs did yesterday is historic, what Simmons could do today will be historic, what Becton did yesterday was historic.  It is a crazy deep group of RBs and WRs, two high end QBs among a few other quality players at the QB spot.  It is a very deep draft class, what else you want?

Sure the safety position is a little weak depth wise but a few could surprise, same with CB.  DE class and DT class is nothing great but obviously considering what was in that class last year.  And high end there are a few very good DL prospects obviously being Chase Young and Derrick Brown.

Don't give a crap about QBs for once, if you were not impressed with Tristan Wirfs yesterday I have no clue what you were watching.  Oh and how could any OT look better than Jedrick Wills in those field drills over the past 5-10 years, dude was insanely good moving side to side.  

This 100%. He’s the Antonio Brown of the draft forum. 

• Like 5