Bears Reportedly Seeking Dalton

dll2000

12 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Okay...we're wasting our time with all this. We, well, we just are.

But, I'll proceed anyway. 

Do you think Carr is worse, or do you feel they're comparable? 

I feel they are very comparable and their career statistics back up that argument, but I'll give a slight edge to Dalton because he has more experience playing in the type of offense they are running in Chicago , has started for many years in a similar environment to Chicago in Cinicinnati, and has more playoff experience as well, regardless of playoff success.

Plus Dalton will cost way cheaper than Carr so to me it's a no brainer if the choice comes down between the two of them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I feel they are very comparable and their career statistics back up that argument, but I'll give a slight edge to Dalton because he has more experience playing in the type of offense they are running in Chicago , has started for many years in a similar environment to Chicago in Cinicinnati, and has more playoff experience as well, regardless of playoff success.

Plus Dalton will cost way cheaper than Carr so to me it's a no brainer if the choice comes down between the two of them.

Dalton is the more likely guy. I'm skeptical of either making their way to Halas Hall, though. Lest anyone think I'm anti-Dalton--I'm not. Merely like Carr better. I'd be tickled pink if either were the fallback option. But it'll be Mariotta or Kennum, or something...

15 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Dalton is the more likely guy. I'm skeptical of either making their way to Halas Hall, though. Lest anyone think I'm anti-Dalton--I'm not. Merely like Carr better. I'd be tickled pink if either were the fallback option. But it'll be Mariotta or Kennum, or something...

Keenum perhaps but in all likelihood it won't be Mariota.  It's been mentioned several times now, most notably by Brad Biggs who is one of the most plugged in Bears reporters, that Mariota is not an option for this team because he and Mitch share the same agent.  Whether you think that's stupid or not is another thing, but that's what he is hearing, presumably from someone inside the organization.

The main issue I'd have with Keenum is that while he'd be an upgrade over Daniel it wouldn't be by all that much and is he really a guy whose gonna push Mitch all that much or makes teams sit up and take notice if he ends up replacing Mitch?

I'd like to think Pace and Nagy want someone a little better than Case Keenum if they can get him.  Remember, if Mitch fails whoever the guy is won't just be replacing Mitch in 2020.  He'll likely be the #1 guy going into 2021 while we search for another younger prospect.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

The main issue I'd have with Keenum is that while he'd be an upgrade over Daniel it wouldn't be by all that much and is he really a guy whose gonna push Mitch all that much or makes teams sit up and take notice if he ends up replacing Mitch?

I'd like to think Pace and Nagy want someone a little better than Case Keenum if they can get him.  Remember, if Mitch fails whoever the guy is won't just be replacing Mitch in 2020.  He'll likely be the #1 guy going into 2021 while we search for another younger prospect.

Maybe, maybe not. If we take a 1st round QB in 2021 if Mitch fails odds are he’s starting early on in 2021. If Mitch is out of the picture next offseason we’d presumably be a very desirable destination for the top FA QBs next offseason too. All the more reason we should load way up in upgrading the skill positions on offense this year - it makes for the best chance for Mitch success in 2021 with the fallback of making for a more attractive package to present to a new guy in 2021 if needed. 

• Like 1