Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bruce Arians scheme is notorious for QBs turning it over like crazy.

QBs usually have monster stats once they’ve developed a muscle memory of what they can get away with.

I do not know about you but there is know way Brady makes it through Arians  scheme this year remember Manning

5 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

This is what is so apparent to me. How much WORSE could it have gone? Not talking about injuries here because obviously that's always a concern, always will happen, and can't be measured, but in terms of performance... I really don't see how it could get worse. Chubb was excellent and STs were solid, but that's it. We finished 6-10 in SPITE of:

• Schedule turning out to be more difficult than thought, with the Browns facing the strongest defenses throughout the first 12 games (Steelers x2, Jets, Bills, Patriots, Broncos, 49ers, and the Rams + Jets weren't slouches either). I mean, come on... you see what Baker tends to do against bad defenses. Schedule didn't help. That's a FORMIDABLE group of defenses, we certainly drew the short straw on that.
  • Baker leading the league in unlucky interceptions
  • Baker having a full year's worth of tape, allowing defenses to gain the upper hand in scheming
  • Baker losing confidence in the pocket
  • Offensive tackles getting smoked
  • Insane amount of penalties to start the year (which got better, but it severely impacted us early on)
  • Coach throwing away gameplans
  • Coach mismanaging time
  • Coach putting Baker in terrible situations with playcalling. Calling 4 verts or long-developing routes on 5-wide with terrible blocking is a recipe for disaster. It's like he summoned the Ghost of Todd Haley and along with Monken's philosophies decided that Baker was gonna be the next Mahomes
  • Coach losing respect in the locker room and disrespecting opponents
  • Team having no offensive identity
  • Team having no offensive chemistry - Baker and OBJ were so unfamiliar that it literally led to multiple turnovers
  • Myles suspension

I mean... come on. I think we saw rock bottom for this core of players. We won 6 games on talent/Chubb alone. If Stefanski is a terrible hire (I strongly doubt it - I am the biggest fanboy of his concepts) then can he actually be worse than Kitchens?

Yup - we watched the same games. That's certainly a recipe of how to torpedo a season

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This won’t be Arians offense. It’ll be Brady’s. 

36 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bruce Arians scheme is notorious for QBs turning it over like crazy.

QBs usually have monster stats once they’ve developed a muscle memory of what they can get away with.

Did not realize you were a coach I apologize.

Ok coach your QB is going to get injured this year.

• Like 2

sorry not sure what you mean.

That said looking like we will be set up for a long time next year

FREE agency

Ross wide receiver

Malik

Dupree

than go edge 1st round

dt 2nd round

than get depth in the 3rd and 4th round

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I had one of my students do that to me about 20 years ago in class.  I told them that I'd watched just enough wrestling to know that their a&& better beat me to the office.  (I proceeded to follow him, with haste, all the way to the office.)  We get along fine today, and I can always get a laugh from him when I remind him about it.  

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, Bonanza23 said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5ca58238ce214e097b

On 5/6/2020 at 6:29 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

I had one of my students do that to me about 20 years ago in class.  I told them that I'd watched just enough wrestling to know that their a&& better beat me to the office.  (I proceeded to follow him, with haste, all the way to the office.)  We get along fine today, and I can always get a laugh from him when I remind him about it.  

@Bucketheadsdad,

raw

Edited by NudeTayne
*beats Mr. Headsdad to the principal's office.*
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This needs its own thread.

Not enough "What's wrong with Baker" threads tbh.

It's only info anybody who watched this team already knows.

Coaches sucked. Gameplan sucked. Play calls sucked. Protection sucked. Depth at WR and TE sucked.

Then they put it all on a 22 year old to overcome all of that, and he nearly did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Not enough "What's wrong with Baker" threads tbh.

It's only info anybody who watched this team already knows.

Coaches sucked. Gameplan sucked. Play calls sucked. Protection sucked. Depth at WR and TE sucked.

Then they put it all on a 22 year old to overcome all of that, and he nearly did.

Yup. 2020 shall be known as the year of the crow.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

And not the corona virus?? Eh.... Pretty sure...

Nah. What Baker is gonna do this year will be much more deadly. Tis the year of the crow.

*resists saying what he really thinks about this whole Covid deal*

• Like 2