Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nah. What Baker is gonna do this year will be much more deadly. Tis the year of the crow.

*resists saying what he really thinks about this whole Covid deal*

Ever have the feeling you've walked into the middle of a Mexican standoff?? 🤔😲😉

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:37 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

So when baker is staring down his target and throws a deshon kizer esc INT thats on Freddie? Nah. That’s on him. He’s got talent but he better start taking the game serious or we’ll be looking for another qb next year. 

I think the whole team was in general confused about all aspects of the offense last year. Very poor coordination, from false starts, confusion in huddle, struggling to get set on time, lining up poorly, receivers running wrong routes, etc.... Baker should have gone through his progressions better but I'm not sure he knew what his progressions were exactly. He did as a rookie in a different offense. But when Freddie changed everything nobody was on the same page. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I think the whole team was in general confused about all aspects of the offense last year. Very poor coordination, from false starts, confusion in huddle, struggling to get set on time, lining up poorly, receivers running wrong routes, etc.... Baker should have gone through his progressions better but I'm not sure he knew what his progressions were exactly. He did as a rookie in a different offense. But when Freddie changed everything nobody was on the same page. 

It was a cluster, for sure.

And to make matters worse it was dull witted.

Iirc, at least 2-3 opponent's players said that they knew what the plays were going to be.

18 minutes ago, bruceb said:

It was a cluster, for sure.

And to make matters worse it was dull witted.

Iirc, at least 2-3 opponent's players said that they knew what the plays were going to be.

I genuinely think he was a much worse coach than Hue. Like we had a god awful record under Hue, but given the talent level I actually think our point differential and yards differential were not bad at all. I think under Freddie our point gap might have been a solid 7 points worse than it was under Hue. But Freddie never would have gotten a 2nd season because it was crystal clear he didnt have it. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

trade teller to the saints for a draft pick. 

profit.

I think the equation goes through the Texans for a conditional 3rd/4th.

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I doubt we go warford, he doesnt suit our scheme.

Probably true though would be happy to overpay him for a year to buff the line and take another swing for a compensatory next year. I'm wondering if at this point he finds a big deal or goes with the 1-yr. I'm all bout that b̶a̶s̶s̶ compensatory picks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Warford is kinda slow. Not great for a ZBS. But I’d still take the chance and sign him. Olineman tend to be able to play whatever scheme. I’d rather have him than teller or forbs

Im hot on forbes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Warford is kinda slow. Not great for a ZBS. But I’d still take the chance and sign him. Olineman tend to be able to play whatever scheme. I’d rather have him than teller or forbs

If we can get him on a 1-yr for $4-8 mil, I'd go for it. His lack of fit in the scheme makes it unlikely we would be the highest bidder on a longer deal.

We're gonna need to do a better job of evaluating through the lens of our scheme than we have in the past. Warford isn't a great fit in the ZBS. I'm pretty sure a man scheme team is gonna pay him way, way more than we would.

• Like 2