Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Uhhh what? Chris Hubbard is a literal piece of trash. Conklin is much better than Hubbard. 

Is he worth $18/yr? Hell no. But it’s a massive upgrade over Hubbard. He’s horrific. 

Talking about pass pro, 53 is a bad grade, hunbard was worse.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Talking about pass pro, 53 is a bad grade, hunbard was worse.

bad grade? this isnt you typical 90-100 is an A 80-89 is a B, type of scale, where 53 is bad. I believe 53, is considered avg by the coloring. Its a bad grade if it starts to get a shade of red and its good if it starts to get a shade of green. PFF graded him as the 6th best run blocking tackle and the 32nd pass blocking and thats out of all the RT an LT. 

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

bad grade? this isnt you typical 90-100 is an A 80-89 is a B, type of scale, where 53 is bad. I believe 53, is considered avg by the coloring. Its a bad grade if it starts to get a shade of red and its good if it starts to get a shade of green. PFF graded him as the 6th best run blocking tackle and the 32nd pass blocking and thats out of all the RT an LT. 

I was only talking about his pass pro, 53 isnt good, especially at 18 million per year which is what he is looking at 

33 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I was only talking about his pass pro, 53 isnt good, especially at 18 million per year which is what he is looking at 

Well his contract your getting a 26 year old stud RT, who is one of the best run blocking tackles in the league. Out of what, 70+ tackles who qualified for PFF he was the 32nd ranked pass blocking tackle. 6th best run blocking tackle.  So let’s not act like he is the worst pass blocker in the world. Also being able to run the ball takes pressure of the pass. 

id be curious to see his pass block rating for Mariota compared to Tannehill

Honestly didn't know Jason Peters was still that good. If we don't sign a tackle long term let's sign him to a 1 year deal (which would obviously not impact our draft plans). Sign Peters and Thuney, draft a T at 10 and another one by the 3rd round. Our line would be sitting pretty.

2 minutes ago, braylon said:

Honestly didn't know Jason Peters was still that good. If we don't sign a tackle long term let's sign him to a 1 year deal (which would obviously not impact our draft plans). Sign Peters and Thuney, draft a T at 10 and another one by the 3rd round. Our line would be sitting pretty.

True but he is due to fall off the mountain at any moment tho. He was also hurt 3 games last year. Be nervous to put all the eggs in a 38yr old’s basket. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but he is due to fall off the mountain at any moment tho. He was also hurt 3 games last year. Be nervous to put all the eggs in a 38yr old’s basket. 

Agreed. Like I said, I wouldn't want it to impact our draft plans. Still take one at 10 and Robert Hunt in the 2nd if that was your plan. 

6 hours ago, braylon said:

Agreed. Like I said, I wouldn't want it to impact our draft plans. Still take one at 10 and Robert Hunt in the 2nd if that was your plan. 

Yeah if we’re planning to draft a guy at 10, don’t waste FA money on him cause we have other holes to fill

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I imagine it is to do with conditioning, ours was done poorly last year, obj had a hernia, greedy and denzel had pulled hamstrigs earlier in the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Corey Glenn and Trai Turner would be upgrades. 

Both are being shopped.

I'd trade our 2nd 3rd for Turner in a heartbeat. He's 25, has 2 years of control left at a total of $20 million, and he's a Pro Bowler. I'd wave a 6th/7th in front of Cincinnati and dare them to say no and outright release Glenn instead.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd trade our 2nd 3rd for Turner in a heartbeat. He's 25, has 2 years of control left at a total of $20 million, and he's a Pro Bowler. I'd wave a 6th/7th in front of Cincinnati and dare them to say no and outright release Glenn instead.

Two thirds for trai turner. And hubbard.