Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'd trade our 2nd 3rd for Turner in a heartbeat. He's 25, has 2 years of control left at a total of $20 million, and he's a Pro Bowler. I'd wave a 6th/7th in front of Cincinnati and dare them to say no and outright release Glenn instead.

He’s not 25. I am his biggest fan. 

ESPN needs to stop with the “OBJ trade talk.” I know it’d be good for their ratings, but Cleveland would be punting next season if that happened.

Berry saw what happened when Sashi let guys go. It’s not good for locker morale and guys stop trying when they don’t think you’re trying to win.

Just now, candyman93 said:

ESPN needs to stop with the “OBJ trade talk.” 

You need to stop watching ESPN tbh.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Berry saw what happened when Sashi let guys go. It’s not good for locker morale and guys stop trying when they don’t think you’re trying to win.

Eh, it’s worked fine for the Hoodie.  I didn’t see their locker room cry when guys like Chandler Jones were moved.

It’s a business, everyone involved knows it. 

Like any other business, you can do whatever you want.... as long as you’re right.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

ESPN needs to stop with the “OBJ trade talk.” 

Eh, it’s worked fine for the Hoodie.  I didn’t see their locker room cry when guys like Chandler Jones were moved.

Like any other business, you can do whatever you want.... as long as you’re right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You need to have credibility if you want to do big balls moves like that.

Does Hoodie get the okay if he doesn’t have rings? No, he gets canned.

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You need to have credibility if you want to do big balls moves like that.

Does Hoodie get the okay if he doesn’t have rings? No, he gets canned.

I mean, he drafted a FB at 9 overall in Cleveland.

Using hindsight, the issue wasn’t the pick, but our inability to stick with the guy. 

No dude bats .1000.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:50 PM, DawgX said:

If we let go of Schobert, our LBs are gonna look really questionable going into next season. If Wilson and Takitaki don't take the next step... oof.

How about if we sign

Dupree and Fowler 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

And hell, there’s grumbling behind how BB is handling Brady.

How well do you think that fanbase will be if Brady’s gone and they’re not winning rings because of BB?

Being from New England I’ll tell you how it would be perceived here. That it’s a split, nothing more to it than one wanting to do it without the other. 

I’d say the majority of us would be ok after awhile. It would take time, as we know. But, what they accomplished together is a feat in itself.  We’d thank Tom for everything and then root against him when we played. 

• Like 1