Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

46 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

It is very interesting if qbs go 1 and 2 San diego  would have to trade up to get herbert beacuse that would leave 3 slots to trade for a qb.

That would make Young at 4 thats were trades would begin to get interesting.

Something that has not been brought up is Cleveland for the first time we will have Hunt and Myles on the field together for  the 1st time add Young your looking at team that will

be the most improved team in the National football league.

Myles and Hunt together? Who's Hunt?

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

So are you saying time of possesion  does not help the defense?

I'm saying we had one of the top 3 RB's in the NFL despite having a bad OL and Kareem Hunt functioned mainly as the change of pace back. If you want to point to improved OL play as a reason for better ToP then that makes some sense. I don't think we're getting better than what we got out of our running backs last year though.

And we're not trading up for Chase Young y'all. I know we're all a little stir crazy but let's keep the pipe dreams under control. That would take QB move up type money, and I for one am not giving up two firsts and two seconds (minimum) to grab Young, even though I think he's a beast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm saying we had one of the top 3 RB's in the NFL despite having a bad OL and Kareem Hunt functioned mainly as the change of pace back. If you want to point to improved OL play as a reason for better ToP then that makes some sense. I don't think we're getting better than what we got out of our running backs last year though.

And we're not trading up for Chase Young y'all. I know we're all a little stir crazy but let's keep the pipe dreams under control. That would take QB move up type money, and I for one am not giving up two firsts and two seconds (minimum) to grab Young, even though I think he's a beast.

Was that a yes?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't think we're getting better than what we got out of our running backs last year though.

We had some damn good running backs last year but one piss poor rushing game/attack. Freddie had no idea how to use it, to rely on it, or  control games with it. The improved OL is going to greatly improve our rushing attack cause it shows our HC wants to actually run the ball and make it a staple of the offense, unlike Freddie.