Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If we trade down the Jets are almost certainly taking another LT prospect which means we're definitely not interested in any of the top guys. I don't buy it. We're all in on either Wills, Thomas, or Becton. 

I think the Jets move up with JAX to take an OT. 

27 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Good one just a question at 10 if you get your choice of a lineman who would you choose ?

As well as a guard in the second round?

1. Probably Jedrick Wills. The more I watch, the more I see an elite pass blocker. He isn’t a star run blocker, but it’s not a glaring weakness either. He’s not the best scheme fit either....but damn, he can protect the back side. 

2. Tyler Bidasz is my top OL overall. He isn’t a typical ZBS fit, but if we had to take a G in R2, it would be him. Give me Hakeem Adeniji in the 3rd to move to OG. He is an elite scheme fit and will be a top tier OG in a zbs. 

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

1. Probably Jedrick Wills. The more I watch, the more I see an elite pass blocker. He isn’t a star run blocker, but it’s not a glaring weakness either. He’s not the best scheme fit either....but damn, he can protect the back side. 

2. Tyler Bidasz is my top OL overall. He isn’t a typical ZBS fit, but if we had to take a G in R2, it would be him. Give me Hakeem Adeniji in the 3rd to move to OG. He is an elite scheme fit and will be a top tier OG in a zbs. 

excellent post myself 

I like Thomas lt georgia because he can run block the key to protecting Baker is having a running team that that makes team like Pittsburgh,Baltimore,and Cincinati commit 9 people to the box.

2nd round  Wilson tackle Georgia train him as a guard then let him take Conklin place in 2 years.

Speaking for myself I am taking are extra pick from this year plus next plus are second and trade up into the 1st and get my choice of safeties.

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

excellent post myself 

I like Thomas lt georgia because he can run block the key to protecting Baker is having a running team that that makes team like Pittsburgh,Baltimore,and Cincinati commit 9 people to the box.

2nd round  Wilson tackle Georgia train him as a guard then let him take Conklin place in 2 years.

Speaking for myself I am taking are extra pick from this year plus next plus are second and trade up into the 1st and get my choice of safeties.

Wilson is way too slow and sloppy to play anywhere in this scheme. 

• Like 1

whAT MAKES YOU say that to me if he was matched up gainst bush linebacker Pittsburgh 3down and 2 he blows him away at the point of attack.

2nd if he is given a running start at the 270lb edges we routinely face he would make ambulances cases out of all them.

But I do not know how to scout for zbs lineman and appreciate any advice you give me.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

whAT MAKES YOU say that to me if he was matched up gainst bush linebacker Pittsburgh 3down and 2 he blows him away at the point of attack. 

This. 

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

But I do not know how to scout for zbs lineman and appreciate any advice you give me.

But this too...

Edited by NateDawg
???
  • Like 1