Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We really should sign Jason Peters to a 1-2 year deal. Then again, he might want to sign with a contender.

Stefanski is going to need vets that can process his system quickly.

Kinda surprised a team like the bucs haven’t signed him yet. How many contenders need a LT? I’d rather draft someone at 10. No need to have a top tackle in the draft sit a year. That would be pointless. 

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kinda surprised a team like the bucs haven’t signed him yet. How many contenders need a LT? I’d rather draft someone at 10. No need to have a top tackle in the draft sit a year. That would be pointless. 

In all likelihood, he would not sit, as he would spell Peters to preserve him and likely succeed him later in the year.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

In all likelihood, he would not sit, as he would spell Peters to preserve him and likely succeed him later in the year.

If you need to spell an offensive lineman then you don’t need that lineman. This isn’t the defensive line. You dont rotate offensive lineman.

• Like 2

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

If you need to spell an offensive lineman then you don’t need that lineman. This isn’t the defensive line. You dont rotate offensive lineman.

You should and probably do need to when they are 100 years old.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

You should and probably do need to when they are 100 years old.

Then don’t even bother signing him. Chemistry is most important on the oline. Every guy needs to know what the next guy is doing. You can’t keep changing them out. That’s why teams don’t do it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s fine. Then don’t draft a OT at 10.

It’s hard enough for a rookie OT transitioning to the pros. Guys are going to have limited practice and learning from a first time HC. We need guys who can hit the ground running or you’re really asking for trouble.

If everything in the world was going perfectly normal, I’d get it.

Edited by candyman93

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That’s fine. Then don’t draft a OT at 10.

It’s hard enough for a rookie OT transitioning to the pros. Guys are going to have limited practice and learning from a first time HC. We need guys who can hit the ground running or you’re really asking for trouble.

If everything in the world was going perfectly normal, I’d get it.

It’s OT not QB any of those top guys will be fine. We may not have a top 10 pick for a while (hopefully) so take advantage of one of the best OT drafts in recent memory now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

berry takes an L here. Very reasonable deal. 

I doubt he wanted to come back it’s two sides 

also does our DC want to bring in his new scheme and culture with Randall?

I doubt it they’ll rather draft Winfield Jr