Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Not if it’s longer than a one year. Clowney has Some bad knees. They seem like a ticking time bomb

Thinking the last three years.

Think Clowney has answered the bell more often than Vernon.

And he is younger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Thinking the last three years.

Think Clowney has answered the bell more often than Vernon.

And he is younger.

By age but Clowney’s knees are in a lot worst shape than Vernon’s knees  Clowney has already had meniscus surgery and micro-fracture surgery on his right knee before 2015. Clowney prolly has knees of a 40year old

clowney’s right knee is a ticking time bomb. I don’t believe Vernon has any issue with one of his limbs or body part like Clowney does. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

By age but Clowney’s knees are in a lot worst shape than Vernon’s knees  Clowney has already had meniscus surgery and micro-fracture surgery on his right knee 2015. Clowney prolly has knees of a 40year old

clowney’s right knee is a ticking time bomb. I don’t believe Vernon has any issue with one of his limbs or body part like Clowney does. 

Believe, Vernon has knee issue, too.

Maybe not as severe as micro-facture, but....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BiscuitBrown said:

Sign and trade Clowney for Trent straight up. 

That’s not going to happen. Why would we do that? Why would Washington do that? We would be eating an insane amount of cap space to do that trade. There are penalties for trading players. Their salaries don’t just disappear. Plus what is everyone’s fascination with Trent Williams? We don’t need or want him right now. We will grab our LT at #10. That is a stone cold lock.

I wouldn’t want Trent Williams as a FA. I certainly don’t want to trade assets to get him. Screw that. 

• Like 1

Clowney would be a huge upgrade to our defense. Is he as good as he was supposed to be? No, but he’s still a very good NFL starter. It would give us the best 1-2 punch at DE in the league, IMO. Tough to not get hard thinking about those two as our DE’s. Plus who cares about his cap #? Sign him to a short deal or include health incentives if that petrifies you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Clowney would be a huge upgrade to our defense. Is he as good as he was supposed to be? No, but he’s still a very good NFL starter. It would give us the best 1-2 punch at DE in the league, IMO. Tough to not get hard thinking about those two as our DE’s. Plus who cares about his cap #? Sign him to a short deal or include health incentives if that petrifies you. 

I am warming up to the idea of signing Clowney and retaining Vernon.

Who knows, maybe we get a whole season of competent DE play across Miles between them?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I am warming up to the idea of signing Clowney and retaining Vernon.

Who knows, maybe we get a whole season of competent DE play across Miles between them?

3rd and long looks great too

Clowney

Myles

Vernon

Chad/ Richardson 

• Like 2

Just now, NateDawg said:

Signing Clowney gives us the leeway to have another DE whack-a-mole another AFCN QB this year with a helmet and get by. For that reason I am for it.

Official Browns statement: The Cleveland Browns in no way endorse the actions of Chad Thomas and would have never paid him a large bonus or a new set of drums to crack Lamar Jackson over the head with his own helmet. In light of Mr. Thomas actions’ we have released him but wish him well in future endeavors. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Official Browns statement: The Cleveland Browns in no way endorse the actions of Chad Thomas and would have never paid him a large bonus or a new set of drums to crack Lamar Jackson over the head with his own helmet. In light of Mr. Thomas actions’ we have released him but wish him well in future endeavors. 

We have signed another average DE to a “ Bonus laden contract”?who will be ready to take on Joe and the Bengals this Sunday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Clowned last year had the second highest double team rate 

His upside and Garrett would be off the charts especially if you line them up next to each other. 

Edited by mtmmike
Misspelling

I haven’t been for signing Clowney as I assumed he’d be getting a monster deal for multiple years.

If we can get him on a one year deal, that would be incredible.  Not only would we have the best DE rotation in the league, he’d potentially earn us another comp pick if he has a good season.

• Like 1