Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We should draft two tackles, it could be that peters just needs to last 6-8 games to have value. 

Berry said he will be aggressive in acquiring talent. 

Signing a near 40 year old lineman is not a smart move. You don’t sign a guy and say if getting 6-8 games out of them has value...

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Signing a near 40 year old lineman is not a smart move. You don’t sign a guy and say if getting 6-8 games out of them has value...

Neither is signing Trent Williams then either. They both basically scream short term solution.

I'd leave them both alone, but we'll probably end up with one of them or Conklin. I'd rather grab 2 OT's this year and start them right away.

#10--One of the 4 stud OT's
2nd--Antoine Winfield FS
3rd--Jack Driscoll OT
3rd--Hakeem Adeniji G/T

done. OL set for the long haul.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have 3 vacant spots on the oline. We need them filled very badly  

We have one vacant spot (LT), one turrible spot (Hubbard/RT), and one question mark (RG). I am not particularly scared of going into the year with what we have at RG (Forbes and Teller especially), but yeah we need two tackles for the long and short term.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

We have one vacant spot (LT), one turrible spot (Hubbard/RT), and one question mark (RG). I am not particularly scared of going into the year with what we have at RG (Forbes and Teller especially), but yeah we need two tackles for the long and short term.

Hubbard was so bad he is basically street free agent level. 

12 sacks and multiple penalties. 

I really want to see what Forbes can do, but Teller wqs reasonably poor.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

I wouldn't just sign HIM, and think that my OL woes are over.  You would still have to grab either 2 in the draft, or 1 in the draft, and 1 more (besides Peters) in FA.  And I would do this 10 times out of 10, before giving up assets for Trent Williams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I really want to see what Forbes can do, but Teller was reasonably poor.

I'm not sure I want to give a final evaluation on anyone who my only info on comes from our offense last year. Teller was really good in limited time with the Bills in 2018, I think between him, Forbes, and McCray somebody comes out as a serviceable RG.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm not sure I want to give a final evaluation on anyone who my only info on comes from our offense last year. Teller was really good in limited time with the Bills in 2018, I think between him, Forbes, and McCray somebody comes out as a serviceable RG.

This is where I’m at. Could be our guard situation was bad BECAUSE of our really bad tackle situation. Heck Bitonio should be better this year if LT is solved. I saw him try to make up for the Drug Cartel being a piece of crap quite a lot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I wouldn't just sign HIM, and think that my OL woes are over.  You would still have to grab either 2 in the draft, or 1 in the draft, and 1 more (besides Peters) in FA.  And I would do this 10 times out of 10, before giving up assets for Trent Williams.

No one has any ideas what assets would be given up since his agent is doing all the leg work. I would take Trent since our OL coach has experience. Rather have Conklin and a rookie LT

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have 3 vacant spots on the oline. We need them filled very badly  

yes we do, more so 2, both tackles need to be addressed badly. I liked teller and how he looked towards the end and could be better with a better RT. 

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yes we do, more so 2, both tackles need to be addressed badly. I liked teller and how he looked towards the end and could be better with a better RT. 

We need to get at least 3 tackles imo, hubbard should be gone. 

Getting an old guy like peters for a season is not a bad move if it gives us time to develop 2 rookies.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We need to get at least 3 tackles imo, hubbard should be gone. 

Getting an old guy like peters for a season is not a bad move if it gives us time to develop 2 rookies.

What happens when peters gets hurt cause he is 38 and is already coming off an injury plague season? Now you want to thrust a rookie into the starting role that most likely was a 3rd rd pick. No thanks. He does not give us time cause we have no idea how much time he can truly give us and I’m not gambling on a player of his age at such an important position 

get Conklin and draft a tackle at 10 and be set at tackles for potentially the next 10years

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I really want to see what Forbes can do, but Teller wqs reasonably poor.

Plus Hubbard was an abomination in the run game. There is literally nothing redeeming about Hubbard.