Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Horrible fit. Say no to Warford. Makes no sense. 

Hard pass for me as well. I think he could play in the scheme, but I wouldn't want to pay what he'll make to find out. 

I also think we're fine with our RG options for now.

• Like 2

Just my own gut feeling, I think we are done being active. With an exception being the supplemental draft.

However, we will obviously find out more once people are allowed back into facilities on Friday.

Edited by candyman93

I just want an average RG, and maybe that guy is already on our roster between that guy who looks like he is an Appalachian Moonshiner, Forbes, and Hubbard, or maybe that means picking up a camp casualty. How many "holes" do we need to fill with good to great players before it's enough? I mean, between Wills at LT/Pick #10, Bitonio at LG and Tretter at C, both who are Pro Bowl caliber, and Conklin at RT as a "rock solid" RT who has made an All Pro, that OL in and of itself should be plenty good enough to plug in about any NFL caliber interior OL. Throw in Hooper as a Pro Bowl TE, picking up Njoku's 5th year option/having him back healthy, and TWO All Pro RB, and there's not a single weak spot at a position that involves any semblance of run blocking/pass blocking/blitz pickup outside of that spot. 

As far as I'm concerned, if we're spending any more money, pay a freaking DE or LB/THREE LB. 

• Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 9:39 PM, buno67 said:

Hunt is going to make a bigger impact IMO. LBs are not as important to todays defenses. Its all about having a great secondary and great DL. Just find LBs that can fit the scheme and do what you ask from them. The LBs for KC were avg as best but that had a damn good DL and a very good secondary

The 49ers as well, I for one am like the RG spot, I'm good average/above average. As long as we have elite units surrounding them

Edited by MSURacerDT55

Browns are reportedly still interested in Jason Peters. I think it’s a smart move.

This offseason is screwed. I don’t care if Wills is the next Orlando Pace. He’s being robbed of an offseason, making a switch to LT, and having to learn a NFL system.

Sign Peters and put Wills at RG for a season. Let him get his feet wet, then you can start him at LT.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Browns are reportedly still interested in Jason Peters. I think it’s a smart move.

This offseason is screwed. I don’t care if Wills is the next Orlando Pace. He’s being robbed of an offseason, making a switch to LT, and having to learn a NFL system.

Sign Peters and put Wills at RG for a season. Let him get his feet wet, then you can start him at LT.

That sounds terrible. You don’t move a young lineman around. He needs to learn his position and get as many reps as he can. LT isn’t WR or Rb where you can just move around and come out. Lineman get one position and play. You don’t move around unless you fail at one spot. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That sounds terrible. You don’t move a young lineman around. He needs to learn his position and get as many reps as he can. LT isn’t WR or Rb where you can just move around and come out. Lineman get one position and play. You don’t move around unless you fail at one spot. 

Laremy Tunsil did it just fine for Miami.

You’re just dead set on whoever we drafted at 10 would start at LT day 1. You’ve completely downplayed the significance impact the virus is going to have. A rookie is going to struggle significantly rather you accept it or not.

Edited by candyman93