Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

But we need someone at LT 

we can’t totally just depend on a rookie we gotta sign something at Lt

Why is that? It seems that some rookies have started at LT in the past with some success. Not sure why we would need a mediocre veteran in the place of a potentially talented rookie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pruitt3443 said:

Why is that? It seems that some rookies have started at LT in the past with some success. Not sure why we would need a mediocre veteran in the place of a potentially talented rookie.

Andre Dillard didn’t come out last year and start for the Eagles. They sat him and let him develop. 

I honestly just really want Isaiah Simmons so don’t pay me too much attention on tackle subjects till after the draft 😂 I’m way too biased right now. 

19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Andre Dillard didn’t come out last year and start for the Eagles. They sat him and let him develop. 

That's because they had an ancient HOF at LT who's injury history makes Bob Sanders look like Iron Man.

I honestly just really want Isaiah Simmons so don’t pay me too much attention on tackle subjects till after the draft 😂 I’m way too biased right now. 

I don't understand your fascination with Simmons. He's good, but not some superstar LB prospect. At least in my opinion. He's not on the level that Kuechly or Patrick Willis when they were coming out of college. He's a dude that will be used to cover tight ends. Valuable? Yes. Worth a top 10 selection (and we'd have to trade up to get him anyways, tbh)? Not really.

Drafting an OLB in the top 10 would be a luxury pick. For as much talk as I hear about how versatile he is, he's going to be used rigidly in the NFL. He's not a safety. He's not a nickel corner. He's not a pass rusher. He's a traditional 4-3 SAM LB that will be very good at that role. But there's a reason teams replace their SAM in nickel packages most of the time. It's the least difficult LB spot to play.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's because they had an ancient HOF at LT who's injury history makes Bob Sanders look like Iron Man.

I don't understand your fascination with Simmons. He's good, but not some superstar LB prospect. At least in my opinion. He's not on the level that Kuechly or Patrick Willis when they were coming out of college. He's a dude that will be used to cover tight ends. Valuable? Yes. Worth a top 10 selection (and we'd have to trade up to get him anyways, tbh)? Not really.

Drafting an OLB in the top 10 would be a luxury pick. For as much talk as I hear about how versatile he is, he's going to be used rigidly in the NFL. He's not a safety. He's not a nickel corner. He's not a pass rusher. He's a traditional 4-3 SAM LB that will be very good at that role. But there's a reason teams replace their SAM in nickel packages most of the time. It's the least difficult LB spot to play.

Dog he ain’t no Sam he’s Will/ Nickle safety

but him on the field with Mack because Taki can’t cover and when you’ve got to stop Lamar Jackson and Mark Andrew and Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce to get to the Super Bowl and eventually Burrow you’ve got a player who can cover 

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He still sucked with him sitting to start the year. 

Which is even more reason for us to not expect  rookie to come in a be dependable from day 1. Dillard was the number 1 passblocker by far last draft. 

What makes you think any of these guys are immune to not needing to develop?

• Like 1

Which is even more reason for us to not expect  rookie to come in a be dependable from day 1. Dillard was the number 1 passblocker by far last draft. 

What makes you think any of these guys are immune to not needing to develop?

Ok that was last years draft class. He was the best pass blocker on a weak class. First tackle didn’t go until #11 and that wasn’t him. You could see 3 OTs go in the top10 this draft. Hell Dillard would maybe be the 4th or 5th tackle in this class. The tackles in this class are also a lot better run blockers than Dillard

Edited by buno67