Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Why isn’t Chris Hubbard cut yet?

Rumors are they might try him at RG. 

also there isn’t a time line date on his contract like him being owed this money on this date or anything like that. So it seems like they might give him a shot at guard at the activities prior to training camp

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

For all you people calling for landrys and obj head think how long it has been sense you drafted a 1500 yard receiver.

Neither of them are 1500 yard wrs. 

And im not calling for their heads, just flexibility with our roster should we not need them. 

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Why not in that case just trade a late third for a much younger Trent Williams and his huge contract demand then do what we want at 10, as well as keep OBJ (or trade him for real value...next year?)?

20 million a year for a player that had not played in a very long time with not only injury history but cancer history, and they want more than a round 3.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Neither of them are 1500 yard wrs. 

And im not calling for their heads, just flexibility with our roster should we not need them. 

your right i am wrong how long has it been sense we drafted a 1400 yard receiver

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

your right i am wrong how long has it been sense we drafted a 1400 yard receiver

I am suggesting prudent with team and cap management, tske advantage of the depth of the draft so we can cpnteol pur roster for the benefit of the team.

OBJ would be happy to leave Cleveland as he believes he is bigger than pur market. It would make sense for him to be in miami, LA, NY or somewhere else like that. 

9 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

It is just i know we are only 2 good off seasons away from being in the super bowl I just think obj is part of the solution not flexibility.

Nothing is permanent in the nfl, we got keenum incase baker goes down, the best place to get depth ay wr is this draft. Gotta take advantage of what the draft offers not what our roster needs.

Furthermore, both obj and jarvis have significant injury history and we have 0 quality depth behind them.

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Staley will be 36.

Why not just sign Peters?

There was a random rumor on our board that the Browns put in a call about Staley. I wouldn't understand it from either team's perspective, to be honest. 

OBJ is staying unless we can get some sort if megadeal for him and Landry. Like Washington sends #2 and McLaurin for both of em. Which will never happen. 

I fear if we lose OBJ, we also lose Landry. Let’s just keep them and see what we can do with an absurdly talented offense under a great offensive mind. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

You can’t convince me this team is better without Odell 

Could well be.

To a great extent we tried forcing the O through Odell last year.

Look how well that worked.

Unless he is totally locked into and buys into the plan for the team, he could well be a liability.

Not sure he can do that.