Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

44 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The coronavirus will likely put a dent in that number, economies are going to grind to a halt.

I don’t see it impacting the TV deals they want to sign. Heck especially if a broadcast company wants the rights to be able to air other NFL related things like access to old games and what not. There is def a market. Also no one is going to not want to get the rights because it might not have a huge return the 1st year or 2 cause of the virus. Cap will still go up, it just won’t hit $240m like some projections

Just now, buno67 said:

Why only target a DE for just a year? Want to make looking for a potential DE a concern for next Offseason as well?

We can set up our offense this year if we draft a tackle. 

My thought are to postpone our defensive deficiencies this year til next year, presumably next year will be better for de in the draft. 

We need money to retain pur core. Myles, Baker, Ward, ?Larry, Linemen, Greddy.

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We can set up our offense this year if we draft a tackle. 

My thought are to postpone our defensive deficiencies this year til next year, presumably next year will be better for de in the draft. 

We need money to retain pur core. Myles, Baker, Ward, ?Larry, Linemen, Greddy.

Greedy still has 3 years left on his deal. He also has to still prove it. He had a decent rookie year at best. He def should not be considered a core piece. I would draft Okudah in a heart beat to replace him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Greedy still has 3 years left on his deal. He also has to still prove it. He had a decent rookie year at best. He def should not be considered a core piece. I would draft Okudah in a heart beat to replace him

He played well enough imo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not well enough to be considered a core player  at the moment

He gets there.

Id still take okuda if he is bpa. 

Ward at nickel, with greedy and okuda on the outside shuts a lot down.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 2

Myles is about to get a new contract, we can't realistically pay two stud DEs long term. The carry over money will go away.

Vernon won't be offered anything from us if he finishes out his contract this year as a Brown unless it is cheap. We will have to acquire a cheap DE in free agency or better yet get a rookie with the ability to make an impact (not a 1st round type) until his contract runs out and then rinse and repeat.

I thought Greedy was fine. Certainly exceeded 2nd round CB projection as a rookie. We actually wasn't terrible against the pass and it would have looked great if we could tackle. Again, our resources are going to our #1 (Ward) so getting a 2nd stud CB is going to cripple us at other areas down the road so we need a solid #2 and if Greedy isn't that we get a solid guy in FA at some point or draft one who can get there.

Our core players are already on the team minus a LT. Yeah we could use someone to play LB but we chose not to resign Schobert so I don't suspect we will sign any LB to a star player deal, it just isn't in the plans.

• Like 2