Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Nah. Between Joseph, Sendejo, and Redwine we will be fine. Our scheme also protects safeties from being asked to cover too much. They’ll be helpful support to our man coverage, but they won’t be tasked with much man-man. 

And Morgan Burnett and a likely draft pick.

It’s not a great group, but it’s probably better than our LB’s.

18 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Is no one concerned with Winfield’s history of injuries?

I am. For that reason I'm not overly excited about him at 41. If someone else exciting like a Yetur Gross-Matos/a top CB/Kenneth Murray/Patrick Queen falls to 41, that's the direction I would want to go.

But I guess we'll see what the board looks like at that point on draft night.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I am. For that reason I'm not overly excited about him at 41. If someone else exciting like a Yetur Gross-Matos/a top CB/Kenneth Murray/Patrick Queen falls to 41, that's the direction I would want to go.

But I guess we'll see what the board looks like at that point on draft night.

If a starting caliber LB is there at 41 I’m game.

We’ve got turd stew at LB rn

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If a starting caliber LB is there at 41 I’m game.

We’ve got turd stew at LB rn

You could make the argument that our LB and S positions are the worst in the league. That's terrifying going against some of the best rushing attacks in the entire NFL, not to mention vertical passing game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You could make the argument that our LB and S positions are the worst in the league. That's terrifying going against some of the best rushing attacks in the entire NFL, not to mention vertical passing game.

I’m not nearly as worried about our safeties as I am LB.

Mack is ok, Takitakitakitaki is a complete unknown and then there’s some jag.  

Neither position group looks good though, we’re debating which turd is shiniest.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not nearly as worried about our safeties as I am LB.

I don't disagree with you on paper. I was more or less referencing about how this scheme is very dependent on S and LB working together to be successful, and we essentially have NEITHER. That's just a recipe for REAL BAD.

Mack is ok, Takitakitakitaki is a complete unknown and then there’s some jag.  

I'm optimistic that Wilson can be an average to above average WLB and Nickel LB in his second year, but if they try to put him at Mike, it's going to end badly. He's still young, not very strong at the point of attack, and is best utilized in coverage and sideline to sideline. I'm the opposite of all in on Takitaki. There's nothing I've seen or heard from him that gives me any hope whatsoever, unless he can somehow be a hybrid rush end/coverage guy, but he looks absolutely lost.

Neither position group looks good though, we’re debating which turd is shiniest.

I get not paying Schobert to an extent (although I valued him a lot more than most), but not having a plan in place there is truly a head scratcher. That position group was weak with him last year, let alone letting him go.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I don't disagree with you on paper. I was more or less referencing about how this scheme is very dependent on S and LB working together to be successful, and we essentially have NEITHER. That's just a recipe for REAL BAD.

yeah they’re really hoping our DL and corners can keep us competitive 

I'm optimistic that Wilson can be an average to above average WLB and Nickel LB in his second year, but if they try to put him at Mike, it's going to end badly. He's still young, not very strong at the point of attack, and is best utilized in coverage and sideline to sideline. I'm the opposite of all in on Takitaki. There's nothing I've seen or heard from him that gives me any hope whatsoever, unless he can somehow be a hybrid rush end/coverage guy, but he looks absolutely lost.

I like Mack, but you’re spot on as far as his role.  He’s a pure WILL IMO.

I get not paying Schobert to an extent (although I valued him a lot more than most), but not having a plan in place there is truly a head scratcher. That position group was weak with him last year, let alone letting him go.

Just a guess, but we’re going to see a LB late day 1 or early day 2.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just a guess, but we’re going to see a LB late day 1 or early day 2.

I would bet/hope on this too, and to be fair, I don't know much about this LB class from a "non rush" perspective. I know Malik Harrison is your classic 2 down MLB that comes off the field on third down, some like the kid from The U and some like the kid from Boston College. Just give me Andra Davis please.