Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

this is funny but it makes me want him even less. We already have enough outspoken divas on this team we don’t need another one. I normally don’t care about off field nonsense not that this is bad but it’s kind of obnoxious. What happens if we get him and he decides his contact isn’t good enough a year later. Does it throw a temper tantrum like this? Odell is enough of a circus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

this is funny but it makes me want him even less. We already have enough outspoken divas on this team we don’t need another one. I normally don’t care about off field nonsense not that this is bad but it’s kind of obnoxious. What happens if we get him and he decides his contact isn’t good enough a year later. Does it throw a temper tantrum like this? Odell is enough of a circus. 

It does the opposite for me. I am content with Vernon, but if we can get Yannick for our late third, heck yeah. I smell but-low blood.

Yannick has no terrible character history, and honestly I didn't like how Kahn was talking to him. I don't blame him for being over whatever the f it is that happens in Jacksonville. 

Edited by NudeTayne

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Per pff

OV- overall 80.4 pass rush 75.7 against the run 68.6

ford 73.9 71.4 62.7

ill take OV at no cost of a pick. If that’s what ford can do with one of the best lines in the game then I’m not interested. 

Yeah Dee Ford didn’t see a double team all season either.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

kwon interest me a lot. I’d make a call and offer a 4th. He has injury issues but he’s a baller. 

Only concern is his contract.....he’s due $16M per season starting in 2021 & 2022 after this upcoming season

We resigned Pharoh Brown.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think we sign Clowney. If we don’t land Trent Williams either, Joe Thuney is my plan C. 

Thuney would give Baker an incredible pocket to move up in. It’d be similar to Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans and what they did for Brees.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

OBJ is like most elite receivers that also have a huge ego.  If you are winning and he is getting the ball, he is going to be happy.  Receiver is the one position that brings out the diva the most.  Running backs will typically get their touches one way or the other.  The QB is always going to be out there throwing.  The OL does the same thing every play, and on defense, you get your numbers and control what you can control.  Receivers are dependent largely on the coach and the quarterback to become involved.  There aren't many receivers who have tasted large success that are going to be content not getting big numbers, especially when they are not winning.  So long as OBJ stays focused on the team and winning, I'm not overly concerned with the ego.  If he starts putting pressure on the young QB to force feed him or starts getting in altercations on the field, that becomes a different issue.  We are never going to be a better team by trading our best talents though.  If we start winning games this season and OBJ is healthy, people will look back and think of how stupid it would have been to get rid of him. 

• Like 1