Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Ok great if they keep him they keep him, not gonna over pay for him, he hasn’t shown to be a game breaking safety and has an injury history. Sounds like the colts have no interest in resigning him right now so a 4th is what I see his value. Am I going to be like ahhhh what did I do if the colts said that’s not enough... ok bye 

I mean, that’s fine to say that’s where you view his value but to imply they have no leverage is what we’re disagreeing with.

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, that’s fine to say that’s where you view his value but to imply they have no leverage is what we’re disagreeing with.

Me saying they have no leverage is this is my price for him take it or leave it, then they say no it’s your 3rd or we’re leaving, he’s a decent player but he’s not the kind of player that teams are going to be strong armed into paying high for. It’s take it or leave it on my end

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

They obviously are not that high on him anymore or they wouldn’t be making him available 

Trent Williams? He is outright refusing to play for the Redskins. That's why he's being traded. I'm sure he's good enough to start at LT for at least the short term here. I just don't want a short-term answer at LT when we have long-term answers staring us in the face at #10. It makes zero sense to me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Trent Williams? He is outright refusing to play for the Redskins. That's why he's being traded. I'm sure he's good enough to start at LT for at least the short term here. I just don't want a short-term answer at LT when we have long-term answers staring us in the face at #10. It makes zero sense to me.

Hooker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Landry’s case was more that they didn’t want to pay him what he was worth, I would not put this in the same category 

That is exactly the category this is in. Hooker will be due $11.5M next year if they (or anyone who trades for him) want to keep him beyond 2020.

They are trying to move him now because they don't want to pay him later.

• Like 1

With all the cap room we have, I wish we would have just paid Joe Schobert.  Yeah, he's maybe a little above average and has his limitations but it would be a better group with him in it then not.  By far the biggest question mark on the team to me, as far as position groups. 

• Like 2