Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Yannick Ngakoue makes more sense for them philosophically.

I think we will hear more about Clowney stuff Tuesday.

I really hope so. He'd cap off an extremely good off-season. Myles makes our D go but I think Clowney would be the straw that stirs the drink.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

he would cost us 17 million per year for the next 3 and then 22 million for the last two. 

Id do it for our 2nd and two thirds next year. 

What about (probably more realistically, based on quantity of picks as well) just our 1st rounder? I would also take into account that is reasonable to think we won't be in the top-10 next year as far as pick position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Not sure I understand why we have not got something done with Clowney.

Medicals?

Bullseye!

Clowney had off season core muscle surgery. He is still asking arrogantly for $17-20M per year.

That is enough money to get a GM fired if it doesn't work out - so my guess is until the Browns medical staff can look at him and test him for themselves. they will not okay a contract of that magnitude.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Bullseye!

Clowney had off season core muscle surgery. He is still asking arrogantly for $17-20M per year.

That is enough money to get a GM fired if it doesn't work out - so my guess is until the Browns medical staff can look at him and test him for themselves. they will not okay a contract of that magnitude.

Latest reports are his asking price is down to 13-14 a year range, and that he might just be wanting to sit out the online mini camps and will sign just before training camp 

• Like 2