Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

25 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yep. I have no problem with that number. This is why we will be shifting over the next couple years from a very strong overall roster with a lot of medium contracts to more dependency on low price FAs and draft picks to fill out the roster.

Yeah starting next year it’s about time to start trading down and trying to collect a slew of picks R2-4 imo.

We’ve got the cornerstones, it’s time to focus on keeping a sustainable talent base everywhere else.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah starting next year it’s about time to start trading down and trying to collect a slew of picks R2-4 imo.

We’ve got the cornerstones, it’s time to focus on keeping a sustainable talent base everywhere else.

LGB wants to trade down, im shocked. 

Khalil Mack is at 23.5 milion, so 25 is pretty good for us considering that was a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

am I wrong?

no, I usually want to trade down too. 

we nailed it twice in the last draft.

three ti,es if you count not trading down from 10. got the economy right..

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

no, I usually want to trade down too. 

we nailed it twice in the last draft.

three ti,es if you count not trading down from 10. got the economy right..

Yeah I wasn’t calling for a trade down this year at all.

Im not trade down no matter what.

Close though 😂 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We have a strong foundation QB, LT, DE, and CB.

The nerds have my blessing to trade down as much as they want to. I’d encourage it honestly.

I agree. Only glaring need, assuming the guys we have at those positions pan out like they seem they will, is essentially 'impact players' regardless of position. We don't have a glaring need anywhere. Just adding 1-2 standout guys regardless of where they play is basically all we need. So no reason not to move around in draft and manipulate things to our advantage. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

100% true

a lot of these picks are on him. It has nothing to do with Freddie. He showed nothing last year  

Um piss poor scheme, putting your QB in horrible situations, practicing one thing all week and doing something completely different in game, prolly telling QB to hit this WR. Def a chance Freddie gets the blame

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Um piss poor scheme, putting your QB in horrible situations, practicing one thing all week and doing something completely different in game, prolly telling QB to hit this WR. Def a chance Freddie gets the blame

So when baker is staring down his target and throws a deshon kizer esc INT thats on Freddie? Nah. That’s on him. He’s got talent but he better start taking the game serious or we’ll be looking for another qb next year. 

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So when baker is staring down his target and throws a deshon kizer esc INT thats on Freddie? Nah. That’s on him. He’s got talent but he better start taking the game serious or we’ll be looking for another qb next year. 

Did I say their was no blame on baker? I said their is def a chance Freddie can get blame for some INTs. If the issues with baker last year can’t be contributed to coaching? Why fire Freddie than? Because that means the offensive problems were on the players more so than Coaching. Freddie called horrible schemes and put players in horrible positions to be successful. He can def share in the blame. Are you going to give your wife horrible ingredients and make her accept All the blame for the Disgusting dinner? 

how can baker be perfect in the redzone his rookie year and than awful the next year? That reeks of bad coaching. Speaks that Bob was right and Zamp was a huge positive impact on Baker

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1