Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

This probably deserves it's own thread so it doesn't get lost in conversation in other threads.

DKCFxOnXcAE1VUF.jpg

If his pain and inability to straighten his knee is from a bone bruise, that changes things.

It will heal in time, but it is going to be multiple weeks — easily even six weeks or longer depending on the location or severity.

Draining the knee or injections will not help.

Time is the only thing that will allow Bradford to get back on the field to continue what had seemed such a promising start to his season.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-bradford-bone-bruise-vikings-0918-story.html

What is with our franchise QB's and their knees. It almost seems like every time we find something, we are losing it to a knee injury.

The situation really does bring up some interesting conversations.

If it is serious, do we try and salvage the season and chase after a F/A?

Do we battle it out with Case or Sloter for the rest of the year, and hope for a Bridgewater season?

Start a new chant like we did a few years ago for Teddy? (Tank for Teddy) How about Tank for Lamar?

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

How about Tank for Lamar?

Wouldn't that be Lose for Lamar? Or Lay Down for Lamar?

Seriously, I'm not going to immensely worry about the Bradford injury at this point, until we know more or if it lingers.  I can understand allowing him to rest yesterday, because in the whole scheme of things, while every game is important, if you had to prioritize them, that game is one of the least important, because it's outside of the conference and on the road.  I'm not going to speculate, because I'm not worried...yet.  

Yeah I am not buying the multiple ACL injuries not having any impact on re-injuring that knee.  I am a big Zimmer fan but the way this team has handled reporting injuries since he got here has been lie, lie, deflect.  The more annoyed Zimmer gets over an injury question, the more likely it is something significant.

I think they roll with keenum if it's short term. Bradford should probably start wearing knee braces. 

I wouldn't be against bringing in another qb if they think they could get sloter on the practice squad, although is there anyone available besides Kapp? Bringing him in for cheap as a backup plan to keenum might not be all bad. 

Our there is always RG3:P

11 minutes ago, Freakout said:

Yeah I am not buying the multiple ACL injuries not having any impact on re-injuring that knee.  I am a big Zimmer fan but the way this team has handled reporting injuries since he got here has been lie, lie, deflect.  The more annoyed Zimmer gets over an injury question, the more likely it is something significant.

"Where I get frustrated is, I want to protect my players. I’m never going to put a player out on the field that cannot take care of himself. I don’t have a crystal ball. When he’s ready, he’s going to play. I don’t think it’s going to be a long time, but I have no idea."

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-sam-bradford-injury-update-return-status-surgery-bucs-zimmer-keenum/445461103/

At this point, I'm just going to hope Case Keenum can hold us to a minimum of losses until Teddy can come back and take his rightful place as our starter.  Hopefully that will be right after he comes off the PUP list in Week 7.  Bradford is a good quarterback when he is healthy, but with more issues on a knee he has already had two operations on, and being 30 years old, he doesn't strike me as a guy on whom you want to bank future of your franchise.    

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

At this point, I'm just going to hope Case Keenum can hold us to a minimum of losses until Teddy can come back and take his rightful place as our starter.  Hopefully that will be right after he comes off the PUP list in Week 7.  Bradford is a good quarterback when he is healthy, but with more issues on a knee he has already had two operations on, and being 30 years old, he doesn't strike me as a guy on whom you want to bank future of your franchise.    

This might be the case but man I am hoping it's not. With the Bucs, Lions, and Bears in the next 3 weeks there are some critical games there. 

Archived