Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

If Bradford continues to have injuries throughout the year, and Teddy comes back but is totally ineffective, we're going to have a very big dilemma on our hands at the start of the 2018 offseason.

If this is the case I imagine we'll be picking relatively high in the 2018 draft. 

16 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If this is the case I imagine we'll be picking relatively high in the 2018 draft. 

At least the Vikes will have a first round pick. Who will be the veteran stop gap options available next year? Carson Palmer? Alex Smith? Andy Dalton?

its too bad we can never resolve the QB issue, both Teddy and Bradford have teased us with potential.

45 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat, even if it means another 2009 situation.

One of his hang ups back in 2006 was playing for a warm weathered team, which is why it came down to Miami and New Orleans. Not sure if that would change now or if he'd even be available.

I honestly am not too concerned with Bradford right now. Seems like the players think he will be a go this week. At the end of the day, if he is out for an extended period of time and we play Keenum, I think it's a toss up if we beat the Bucs, a tough game against the lions, and we should still be able to beat the Bears. If by then Bradford isn't back, I think you seriously consider activating Teddy and putting all of our chips on the table. It is reasonable to believe that if Keenum is still playing by when Teddy could be activated that the season isn't going well. We might as well see if Teddy can hang, and get a real good comparison between this team with TB and this team with Bradford. If at the end of the year we feel comfortable with either one of them, then we walk away knowing that we should bring that QB back to be the starter. If they both struggle or show further injury concern, then we can expect to be picking relatively high in the draft and we can start focusing on picking our next QBoTF in the 2018 Draft.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Same thing was said in 2006.

But in 2006, Brees was looking for a city and community to establish his family in. That's not gonna be the case for any team he goes to in 2018. If he leaves the Saints it's to go to a team that could get him another Super Bowl. The Super Bowl caliber teams that are missing a QB is a small list to choose from. 

Oops!  I thought I was clicking on a Bradford thread.  Must be around here somewhere.  Hmmm.

Anyhoo, if I can't find it, maybe I should just post my comment in this 'whatever it is' thread... here goes...

Vikings fans are perplexing.  Bridgewater has a serious knee injury and some fans believe he will return (and some think he will excel).

Bradford has a knee injury which kept him out of one game, and has a history of successful knee repair.... but some fans are opining on a replacement, whether to start or backup TB. 

Keenum has a mediocre game, at Pittsburgh, in a game which nearly tied the NFL record for total penalties called in a single game, and fans are ready to jettison him overboard.

Sloter is an unknown to me, so my comment should be taken with a grain of salt.  Some Vikings fans assume he might likely be signed away, off the Vikings PS had they done so, but I haven't (yet) read what he's done in the NFL to warrant such worry.  The true reason for signing him to the 53 is that Keenum was known to be the only healthy QB on the 53.

Perplexing, indeed.

28 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Oops!  I thought I was clicking on a Bradford thread.  Must be around here somewhere.  Hmmm.

allow me to help with your perplexitation...

Bradford's injury casts doubt on his ability to lead the team at QB, both in the short and long terms... so discussion of his medical situation also entails who else is available to become a useful QB and whether that is the best course to go.

it's not that hard to connect those issues in these conversations.

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

allow me to help with your perplexitation...

Bradford's injury casts doubt on his ability to lead the team at QB, both in the short and long terms... so discussion of his medical situation also entails who else is available to become a useful QB and whether that is the best course to go.

it's not that hard to connect those issues in these conversations.

Agreed.

Archived