Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Except Teddy has been getting practice reps for the last 2 months and Bradford probably won't shake off the rust in a couple weeks.

2 months of practice reps vs 3 wks of practice reps. But all that matters is who they think it's the better QB when healthy. If they think it's Bradford, then he should be QB2 for a given playoff game. If Teddy, then it's him.

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Are you expecting Zimmer to say "we don't have confidence in Teddy, he is at backup QB for show"

Until there is another possible option, you praise what you currently have.

No, I'm not expecting that, but his statements were firm on Teddy, while they wavered on Sam.  It's the inflection of his statements, not the content.  

Just now, CriminalMind said:

2 months of practice reps vs 3 wks of practice reps. But all that matters is who they think it's the better QB when healthy. If they think it's Bradford, then he should be QB2 for a given playoff game.

It's an extra 2 months, not 2 months vs 3 weeks.

Personally though, I do favor Teddy as well in this situation, because his style of QB play is most similar to Case.  Sam's style of play is more reliant on timing with the receivers and the offensive line, since he doesn't have the mobility that Teddy or Case have.  While, at full strength, he's the best of the 3, in this particular situation at this given time, he is not.

Just now, disaacs said:

No, I'm not expecting that, but his statements were firm on Teddy, while they wavered on Sam.  It's the inflection of his statements, not the content.  

What statement has he made wavering about Sam? He said he is eligible next wk to practice & hasn't seen him work out yet but spoke to Sam and he said he is feeling good.

That's all he can say.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Nor did they have the caliber of receivers that Keenum has had. 

This is pretty funny....Bradford had pretty much the same exact receivers that Keenum had this year.   Bridgewater did also, just a little bit younger.   

A lot of people want to say that the reason for Keenums success is because of his receivers.   Maybe the reason for the O Lines success is because of Keenum.   Keenums Elusiveness in the pocket has saved this team from so many sacks.  

I''m not going to sit here and say it should be Bradford or Bridgewater backing up Keenum.   I'll leave that up to the coaching staff since they know what they are dealing with.   All I know is Keenum has performed admirable and has earned and deserves the top spot for not only this season, but next season also.  

c'mon @Freakish Mind. You aren't seriously saying that Keenum playing behind Kalil-Fusco-Berger-Harris-Clemmings would have yielded the same results. Or that Mike Wallace and a Rookie Diggs would be producing like the receivers have this year. 

This season for Keenum has been the product of a lot of good things happening at the same time. The right coaches, the right players in the right stage of development, the right surroundings for Keenum, etc. 

Who is suggesting that Keenum shouldn't start in the playoffs? Also - if you are willing to let the coaches/staff decide which guy should back up Keenum this year, why shouldn't you trust them if they decide to move on from Keenum next year?

32 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

c'mon @Freakish Mind. You aren't seriously saying that Keenum playing behind Kalil-Fusco-Berger-Harris-Clemmings would have yielded the same results. Or that Mike Wallace and a Rookie Diggs would be producing like the receivers have this year. 

This season for Keenum has been the product of a lot of good things happening at the same time. The right coaches, the right players in the right stage of development, the right surroundings for Keenum, etc. 

Who is suggesting that Keenum shouldn't start in the playoffs? Also - if you are willing to let the coaches/staff decide which guy should back up Keenum this year, why shouldn't you trust them if they decide to move on from Keenum next year?

I don't think our offensive line would be getting as much praise this season with the other two quarterback there.   Keenum has made the line look better then they are.  (not saying our O'line is bad, but Keenum has made them look better, just like our receivers have helped Keenum look better)

Diggs has pretty much been the same since he's entered the league.  I have not seen a huge improvement in his play (he's been good the entire time)  So to say that Keenum is benefiting from a better Diggs I feel is incorrect.   Mike Wallace was bad for us, but was that a product of the system and QB he was forced to work with.  Wallace had great success with Pittsburgh and comes here and looks terrible, then leaves here and finds success in Baltimore.   It's hard for a WR to find success when the QB is throwing for only 3200 yards in a full 16 games.  

You are right though, this season has been a product of a lot of good things happening at the same time.  Would Bridgewater or Bradford been the same fit for this puzzle that Keenum is right now.  We'll never know.  

Bradford would be one helluva scout team QB for the defensive back group in practice for teams like the Saints/Falcons/Patriots/Rams while Teddy can handle the scout team with the more athletic QB's as in the Panthers/Eagles/Seahawks.

Y'all need to lighten up and look at the bright side!

We have a heck-uva scout team

Bridgewater/Bradford

Brown

Floyd/Treadwell/Adams/Coley/Jones

Carter

14 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

You are right though, this season has been a product of a lot of good things happening at the same time.  Would Bridgewater or Bradford been the same fit for this puzzle that Keenum is right now.  We'll never know.  

You seem to be suggesting that we do know, though. That Keenum is performing better this year with basically the same level of help that Bradford had last year, and that Bridgewater did two years ago. I don't think that the scenarios are anywhere close to equal. 

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

You seem to be suggesting that we do know, though. That Keenum is performing better this year with basically the same level of help that Bradford had last year, and that Bridgewater did two years ago. I don't think that the scenarios are anywhere close to equal. 

I mean I wouldn't go that far.

• RB's: Teddy =/< Keenum > Bradford (Peterson was great when he could run his first year and Jet was still Jet with catching, but Jet and Murray can block and catch, last year was a lot of junk with Jet and Asiata)
  • WR's: Keenum > Bradford > Teddy (Thielen and crew have all developed throughout their years, while they all had some of the same targets, it's not even close to what it is now)
  • OL: Keenum > Teddy > Bradford (Last years line was a mumbo jumbo of injuries and different lineman, Teddy's year and a half the line was at least there, while not very good, it was much better than the second half of last year, this year for the most part it has been together and performing well)

While Keenum has had probably the best surroundings, Teddy and Sam never had anything like this. The offensive line part is the most important tho, now we have this offensive line being decent, it is lightyears ahead of where we were. You can say Keenum is helping the line out, well of course he is, but they are doing a much better job than they have ever done.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

WHAAAAAT??

over and over last year you said Bradford was an average QB at best, in many threads in different forums.

My stance has not changed. Bradford still is a very average QB. Read it again..."If things worked out".

Had he stayed healthy and been placed in a good situation, I thought he could've been great. 

But he didn't stay healthy, and the Rams kept him in a crappy situation, so he never developed. It happens to a lot of QBs.

Archived