Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

Bradford: “I think mentally, it was tough going through another injury, you know, having gone through it twice before with this knee. It was just really frustrating. But I’ve been working extremely hard to get back out there. Just to be able to get back there and practice again, it’s been really encouraging for me mentally, just to know that I can at least get back out there. So, I’m just happy to be out there. Having gone through another surgery, the initial couple days or couple weeks after the surgery, you’re still not exactly sure how things are going to go and how your knee is going to respond. It’s hard not to let those thoughts creep into your mind. That was a battle I fought for a few weeks. But it seemed like each day that it got better, each week, those thoughts started to leave my mind and I started to become more confident in how I felt on my knee and what I was able to do.”

“I don’t know what the future holds. I don’t know how it’s going to hold up. But I didn’t know how it was going to hold up after the previous two operations. I don’t think anyone knows how their body is going to hold up. All you can do is continue to get it as strong as possible and try to continue to rehab it, continue to gain strength in my knee and in my leg, and that’s all, really, I’m focused on.”

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-QB-Sam-Bradford-explains-range-of-emotion-with-injury-team-success-113154184

doesn't sound overwhelmingly confident to me....

Bradford, who hasn’t played since Oct. 9 because of a knee injury, remains on injured reserve. The quarterback practiced last week for the first time in three months, but Minnesota coach Mike Zimmer indicated Monday there’s no hurry to activate him.

Zimmer: “We had two days of practice and he got about one-third of the reps, so we’ll just take our time and see how it goes.’’

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/08/mike-zimmer-says-vikings-will-take-our-time-with-sam-bradfords-recovery/

Sounds like Bradford is back and carter is out. I'm surprised it was carter but they must feel good about Collins as the 3rd tight end. 

I thought they would wait until an injury, but it makes sense to activate him now if they are more comfortable with him than teddy. Win or go home

Archived