Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

allow me to help with your perplexitation...

Bradford's injury casts doubt on his ability to lead the team at QB, both in the short and long terms... so discussion of his medical situation also entails who else is available to become a useful QB and whether that is the best course to go.

it's not that hard to connect those issues in these conversations.

... like links in a chain?  I see many, many links are needed to connect the end of this chain to the topic.  And, if that's OK, I'll follow that in the future when I discuss lutefisk being connected to Bradford's knee.  OK?

Assuming it is ok, ...

If Vikings QBs had gotten proper strengthening exercises, rehab exercises, and ate more/ any lutefisk, their knees would be more sturdy, and the Vikings wouldn't have this QB dilemma.

I'll work on connecting a lutefisk diet to healthy knees in another thread, when the opportunity presents itself.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:57 PM, gopherwrestler said:

The situation really does bring up some interesting conversations.

If it is serious, do we try and salvage the season and chase after a F/A?

Do we battle it out with Case or Sloter for the rest of the year, and hope for a Bridgewater season?

Start a new chant like we did a few years ago for Teddy? (Tank for Teddy) How about Tank for Lamar?

DIrect quote from the OP. 

So, discussing a free agent QB, a draft prospect, or a QB who’s already on the team is exactly what the topic of this thread is about. 

But, if it’s really that upsetting for you, feel free to PM a moderator and voice your complaints on how people are discussing a topic. Or, PM Webby and ask if you could be made a moderator so you can police the threads yourself. 

1 hour ago, Purplexing said:

PS the threads titled "Valhalla Villager, etc" and "2018 prospects..." are MUCH more appropriate for discussion of vet or rookie QB options to Bradford.  I'm just sayin'.

take it up with the mods, who do appear to have no problem with the ins and outs of this discussion thread.

No need to take anything up with the mods.  The objective is to point out the hypocrisy of those who've previously criticized people, as if they were still mods, for pointing out discussions that have sailed FAR off topic for at least a page.  No examples are readily available on this new forum.  Feel free to search your posts in the old forum archive to see what I'm referring to.

Now that several posters are 'on record' in this thread about off-topic discussions, there's no concern to me about their perplexing behavior in the future...

“The belief before the game, and really throughout the week was that this was a one week injury for Sam Bradford dealing with a cartilage issue in his knee,” Rapoport said. “I’m told the ACL is fine. The other ligaments are fine. This really is a swelling and discomfort issue after taking a shot to that knee last week.

“The only thing is they really don’t know how his knee is going to respond to treatment. How his knee is going to handle getting worked on all week and when he’ll be able to really bend it like he needs to. They think it’s going to be one week. They think he’ll back under center next week, but until you get on a couple days and see how the treatment takes hold there’s really no way to know for sure“

http://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/18/report-vikings-believe-qb-sam-bradford-returns-in-week-3/

The way that the bone bruise has been discribed, it makes you wonder how much cartilage Bradford has left in that knee, and how frequent something like this could flair up. 

Archived