Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

Bradford: “Really just trying to figure out if I could move, what my limitations were, if I was going to be able to go out there and do what I needed to be able to play quarterback and make moves and protect myself. I was hoping that it was going to feel better than it did having rested it on Saturday without really doing a whole lot. Sunday it just didn’t feel right. It wasn’t ready to go.”

Bradford didn’t go into detail about the diagnosis he’s received from doctors or about the steps that have been taken to address the problem beyond saying that they’ve “done a lot of work over the past week trying to make sure that the swelling is out of there.” That’s left Bradford feeling like he has a good chance of playing against the Buccaneers this weekend, although he added that his knee’s response to practice work will be the deciding factor.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/20/sam-bradford-knee-just-didnt-feel-right-last-sunday/

Part of me wants to scream - CONSPIRACY - as in why play Bradford at the Steelers where he could've been wiped-out for the year?  Part of me says, OK, his knee was sore . . . how many of us have had a pretty bad body ache?  Oh, I happen to be missing 1/3 of my minuscus in my right knee and it clicks every time I jog so being a pro QB? 

I look at the Vikes schedule and at best the Steelers on the road was a 30-70 type game.  Add that pass rush they have, it's smart to play the back-up; however, as a competitor, ya play your best guys.  Bradford could lead this team to a 7-1 record  . . . so, if he's feeling better --- he plays now. 

33 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

2-4 is already effectively out of the playoff race.

The odds of either Bradford starting one of the next four game or Keenum winning one of the other games is pretty decent. The team has a nice defense and an ability to run the ball when Nick Easton doesn't let his guy blow up the run plays.

11 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I really hope Bradford recovers quickly so he doesn't miss any more games. But if he does, should we continue starting Keenum or do we give Sloter a try?

I'd say it depends on how Keenum performs. If he struggles badly and we're all but eliminated from playoff contention I don't think I'd have an issue giving Sloter a look. I know Zimmer said he is a bit behind in the playbook, obviously, but he'll catch up with time. The kicker is where will Teddy be at in 4 weeks when he is eligible to be removed from the PUP.

13 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Maybe you didn't notice that we play the Bears week 5. Should be at least 2-4 even if Keenum starts through the sixth game.

I'm not even sure about that one. We should have swept Chicago last season and it didn't happen.

13 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Maybe you didn't notice that we play the Bears week 5. Should be at least 2-4 even if Keenum starts through the sixth game.

49 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm not even sure about that one. We should have swept Chicago last season and it didn't happen.

We've historically struggled on the road in Chicago. Throw in the fact that it is a Monday night game as well. 

On 9/21/2017 at 12:37 PM, VikeManDan said:

We've historically struggled on the road in Chicago. Throw in the fact that it is a Monday night game as well. 

It's a new dawn.  Just because we couldn't often beat the likes of Jim Miller, Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton or Jay Cutler at Soldier Field over the last 20 years doesn't mean that it'll continue.  I'd like to hold out hope that the combination of Mitch Trubisky/Mike Glennon are just the new version of Erik Kramer. 

Archived