Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

15 minutes ago, disaacs said:

It's a new dawn.  Just because we couldn't often beat the likes of Jim Miller, Chad Hutchinson, Kyle Orton or Jay Cutler at Soldier Field over the last 20 years doesn't mean that it'll continue.  I'd like to hold out hope that the combination of Mitch Trubisky/Mike Glennon are just the new version of Erik Kramer. 

Since 2000 the Vikes are 3-14 (W's in '00, '07, and '15). This is a game the Vikes need to win if they want to be taken seriously, the Bears are not good. 

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/minnesota-vikings/teamvsteam?opp=6&ha=A

Just now, mitty18 said:

Kaep to the Vikings makes about as much sense as Josh Freeman did a few years back.  He doesn't fit with the Vikings offense, and he'll want a ton of money to be a short term starter.  No thanks.  I'll stick with Case Keenum. 

I agree, don't want anything to do with Kap. Can't see Zimmer putting up with him. Hopefully Keenum plays better at home, alleviating the concern a little bit. We're not a playoff team if Keenum under center, might not be with Teddy either. I'm sure he will have a lot of rust to shake off.

2 hours ago, mitty18 said:

Kaep to the Vikings makes about as much sense as Josh Freeman did a few years back.  He doesn't fit with the Vikings offense, and he'll want a ton of money to be a short term starter.  No thanks.  I'll stick with Case Keenum. 

Kaep is an athletic QB who can at least run. Freeman was not. Keenum is not. 

Aside from that, this whole "he'll want a ton of money" bit is completely unsubstantiated. No one has offered him a contract. 

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

If Bradford needs surgery, Kaepernick should be signed. 

Kaepernick has a medical degree? 

Back to football...  the Vikings are 1-1.  Now is not the time to panic and make rash moves; e.g. if Zimmer leads this team to a 1-5 record, he should be fired and ex-Coachilly should be re-hired.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

If we're ok trotting out Case, we're primed for a bottom 10 pick. Is that the result you want, when the bowl is in your house prolly for the only time.

Kaep or any street FA wouldn't be any better. Some of those SF teams Kaep was on were brutal, pre kneeling.

if Bradford is going to miss significant time, I'd guess they would turn to Bridgewater at some point to assess the future.

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Kaep or any street FA wouldn't be any better. Some of those SF teams Kaep was on were brutal, pre kneeling.

if Bradford is going to miss significant time, I'd guess they would turn to Bridgewater at some point to assess the future.

If Bradford is missing significant time, we're going to rack up loses until maybe Teddy comes back. He'll need some practice to get to playing shape before starting, so let's go with week 8. The season is over by then. We'd have wasted a year, and if Teddy performs "ok" but nothing special what would we have gained for this season? 

Maybe it's better if under that scenario, Teddy bombs and we do get the high draft pick to get a replacement.

Kap is not your ordinary Street FA. All the metrics say a QB of his age, QBR, while being healthy should have been signed early. I think there is only one comparable QB and he walked away from the game. I would take Kapp over many of starting QBs in the league now

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If we're ok trotting out Case, we're primed for a bottom 10 pick. Is that the result you want, when the bowl is in your house prolly for the only time.

If Christian Ponder can quarterback a team to the playoffs.....

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Kap is not your ordinary Street FA. All the metrics say a QB of his age, QBR, while being healthy should have been signed early. I think there is only one comparable QB and he walked away from the game. I would take Kapp over many of starting QBs in the league now

He’s still coming off of the street with no practice reps, no knowledge of the playbook, no chemistry/timing with the receivers, etc. 

We saw how well that works when they signed Josh Freeman. 

Keapernick wouldn't help this team in time to make a difference in regards to making the playoffs. But he’d probably help just enough at the end of the year to cost the team a high draft pick. 

Archived