Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If we're ok trotting out Case, we're primed for a bottom 10 pick. Is that the result you want, when the bowl is in your house prolly for the only time.

Agreed. If Shaggy has to start at QB for any length of time the Vikings are in deep trouble.

But as others have pointed out, there aren't a lot of better options out there.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

If Christian Ponder can quarterback a team to the playoffs.....

He handed the ball off to the MVP that season and tried to not make mistakes.

But I guess Case Keenum=Christian Ponder right?

I don't think Dalvin Cook=Adrian Peterson though. That's a lot to ask out of a rookie

12 hours ago, Klomp said:

Good for him. Maybe he can sign with a team that runs 10 read options a game. That's not here.

No question we could adjust to his talents. We'd be better off running those 10 read options than 10 Case Keenum incompletions/interceptions/check-downs. 

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

No question we could adjust to his talents. We'd be better off running those 10 read options than 10 Case Keenum incompletions/interceptions/check-downs

Yeah, I hate it when we give our most talented offensive player the ball too!

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Yeah, I hate it when we give our most talented offensive player the ball too!

Check downs can be good or bad dependent on the situation and should be used in moderation. Too reliant on them, and you get nowhere. Don't use them enough and your offense is then predicated on big plays and it becomes very easy to defend. 

Not to say that all short passes are equivalent to check downs however.

9 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If Bradford is missing significant time, we're going to rack up loses until maybe Teddy comes back. He'll need some practice to get to playing shape before starting, so let's go with week 8. The season is over by then. We'd have wasted a year, and if Teddy performs "ok" but nothing special what would we have gained for this season? 

Maybe it's better if under that scenario, Teddy bombs and we do get the high draft pick to get a replacement.

Kap is not your ordinary Street FA. All the metrics say a QB of his age, QBR, while being healthy should have been signed early. I think there is only one comparable QB and he walked away from the game. I would take Kapp over many of starting QBs in the league now

If only it were possible! ...

ows_145499130027429.jpg?w=263

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Change the entire offense for a street free agent. Smart. 

Run your existing offense ineffectively due to QB who is devoid of talent. Smart. 

In a limited appearance scenario, the unpredictability of a change can breed short term results. Look at Tim Tebow. Would Tebowball go 12-4 every year? Absolutely not. But for a sustained stretch of games in one season, it got the Broncos to the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

When's the last time a conventional backup took over in week 2 and led a team to the playoffs? Warner? Brady? I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Keenum is not in that category.  Kaep isn't either, but he'd give opposing defenses more to think about than Keenum will. 

12 hours ago, Purplexing said:

IF we assume 'anything can happen', does the above qualify as "de' lemma" to that theorem?

Its too early for me to be this perplexed. Somebody grab me a coffee!!

I'm glad its nothing more with Bradford. I'd hate to see him have another setback with his knee. Hopefully he's ready to go next week.

Archived