Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

I wonder if the NFL would allow the Vikings to wrap Sam in bubble wrap except for his right arm?  I think the right word for Bradford and his injury history is "fragile."

5 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I wonder if the NFL would allow the Vikings to wrap Sam in bubble wrap except for his right arm?  I think the right word for Bradford and his injury history is "fragile."

What good is bubble wrap going to do? Now he’s getting hurt from non-contact. Or so he said. 

13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

What good is bubble wrap going to do? Now he’s getting hurt from non-contact. Or so he said. 

Yea...how does one suffer a deep bone bruise without contact?????    :S

3 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Yea...how does one suffer a deep bone bruise without contact?????    :S

Hyperextending the knee, with little to no cartilage to absorb the shock. 

Thats the long term concern with Bradford. This injury just doesn’t make it sound like Bradford has a healthy knee, and that these types of injuries could be more and more common as he gets older. There’s also the threat of arthritis in the knee. 

Questionable is still the same questionable, as well. Which is closer to 50/50. 

With the way he was limping around in the videos posted to Twitter by Chris Thomasson, I still don’t like his chances. I certainly don’t think he’d be very effective if he did play. 

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I'm assuming he is not playing this week

I agree with this.  I just don't think he'll be ready yet, given the way he's favouring the bad leg.  Keenum had better be able to take advantage of the crippled Bear's defence, and The Vikings' OL had better protect him.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:26 PM, Virginia Viking said:

Heck, who says the league needs to know about it? Put him on a crash diet so he's naturally slimmer, sheathe him in bubble wrap under his uniform and no one will be the wiser. (Yes, I'm kidding...but as our state senator Al Franken would say, I'm kidding on the square.)

I think there is great concern in Vikingland regarding the health of Bradford's knee.  The play that gives me pause about Bradford playing anymore this season is when Elflein was pushed backwards into the pocket and Bradford couldn't get out of the way.  His knees kind of crumbled after barely being touched by Elflein and he grimaced in pain.  From the start, it appeared that his passing was effected by the unstable knee.  Of course we have to wait for definitive word from the doctors and the training staff, but I am thinking that Bradford is done...maybe even his career!

If that indeed becomes the case, I guess we are stuck with Keenum going forward until Teddy is ready. If Bradford retires or goes on IR for the remainder of the year...do the Vikings stand pat with Keenum, Slotter and maybe Bridgewater?  Or do they go out and sign someone? 

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think there is great concern in Vikingland regarding the health of Bradford's knee.  The play that gives me pause about Bradford playing anymore this season is when Elflein was pushed backwards into the pocket and Bradford couldn't get out of the way.  His knees kind of crumbled after barely being touched by Elflein and he grimaced in pain.  From the start, it appeared that his passing was effected by the unstable knee.  Of course we have to wait for definitive word from the doctors and the training staff, but I am thinking that Bradford is done...maybe even his career!

If that indeed becomes the case, I guess we are stuck with Keenum going forward until Teddy is ready. If Bradford retires or goes on IR for the remainder of the year...do the Vikings stand pat with Keenum, Slotter and maybe Bridgewater?  Or do they go out and sign someone? 

they should sign someone if they put Bradford on IR but I don't know that we'll do that. 

let him rest until he's completely healthy. Let Keenum start until Bridgewater is ready. If Bridgewater is ready before Bradford, then tough luck. TB is our guy.

Well, who do they sign, I don't see them bringing in Kaepernick as right now the Vikings are a passing team. You probably have Shaun Hill on speed dial to see if you could get him to return if need be, but I think you stand pat wit Keenum and Slotter until Bridgewater is ready and then you bring in a QB if need be if Keenum or Slotter get hurt.

But Bradford seems done for a while anyways and probably should just hang it up with the number of injuries that he's had. Right now our best hope is the Bridgewater is ready to play quickly after week 6.

Archived