Bradford Injury Dilemma

gopherwrestler

Just now, vike daddy said:

with our line, improved as it is, we still need a mobile QB.

yes, but you could probably say that for any team considering how bad Offensive Line play is around the league unfortunately.

if Bradford is healthy but not mobile, do you start him? 

Like I said in the Teddy threddy....

I don't care if Sam wakes up Sunday morning before the Packer game and feels like he did prior to week 1, I'm not putting him back on the field until after the bye.

Two of the next three before the bye are games that Case can win (Baltimore/Cleveland). If giving him another 4 weeks off can get Sam closer to as healthy as he can get at this point, I'll hope Case can get at least 2 of the 3 next games and have Bradford down the stretch.

On Tuesday, Vikings trainer Eric Sugarman provided an update on Bradford’s condition in a meeting with reporters. Sugarman said that Bradford had an MRI that showed no new injury and offered a different description of the quarterback’s injury than the bone bruise that’s been discussed for much of the last month.

“We’re not dealing with a ligament injury to Sam,” Sugarman said, via Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “We’re not dealing with a bone bruise from a direct hit … wear and tear in knee joint.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/10/mri-shows-no-new-injury-for-sam-bradford/

ruh roh.

There was a theory gaining traction over the past few weeks that one factor playing into the idea of Sam Bradford missing three straight weeks was coming from the quarterback’s camp. The idea was surrounding a thought that his agent, his family, his conscience started speaking up to protect his contract value. Prior to last night, the last time we saw Sam Bradford on the field he was throwing for 346 yards and 3 touchdowns versus the New Orleans Saints. It was quite literally, the best game of Sam’s career. But he injured his knee sometime during the second half. So the argument then became that he may be protecting himself to protect his value come contract negotiations because playing at anything less than 100% would tarnish what could be a big, final contract in his already lucrative NFL career.

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/vikings-blog/content/2017-10-10-will-we-ever-see-sam-bradford-in-a-vikings-jersey-again/

NFL.com reported that Sam Bradford traveled to New York last week and had treatments that involve drawing his blood and re-injecting it into his knee over a period of days. This comes after his attempt to return against the Chicago Bears went awry and Bradford couldn’t finish the first half.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/10/see-teddy-bridgewater-back-center/

I agree, Bradford should hang it up, it would be one thing if he was a 6th round QB who had turned himself into a starter a year or so ago, but he was the last of the huge contracts for first overall picks. He doesn't seem like someone who would have tossed away his money on dumb things, so hopefully he has some money to just retire into.

Archived