Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers choking and fumbling a snap isn't a reason to get rid of Linsley.

Rodgers throwing a dog **** deep ball isn't a reason to get rid of MVS.

****, at some point it's probably worth looking at whether Rodgers refusal to throw over the middle is a reason to get rid of Graham (as opposed to just a pay cut).

Revisionist history.   it was a bad snap.   that doesn't fit your agenda though.

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers choking and fumbling a snap isn't a reason to get rid of Linsley.

Rodgers throwing a dog **** deep ball isn't a reason to get rid of MVS.

****, at some point it's probably worth looking at whether Rodgers refusal to throw over the middle is a reason to get rid of Graham (as opposed to just a pay cut).

Try to figure out a way to get rid of Rodgers, let Packer brass in on how to do it ... problem solved.

27 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The interception total is disingenuous. He kills drives in different ways. He's still killing them. 

Sub 1 TD/Million dollar of QB salary is not a recipe for success.

It’s what we have I can piss and moan about it or see the positive. His turn over ratio is still elite if not better. The rest is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Revisionist history.   it was a bad snap.   that doesn't fit your agenda though.

How the **** does a ball that hit him in both palms count as a bad snap?

If you have his name tattood on your ***, you could maybe call it 50/50, but that was QB, all day long.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How the **** does a ball that hit him in both palms count as a bad snap?

If you have his name tattood on your ***, you could maybe call it 50/50, but that was QB, all day long.

Linsley short snapped it to the side.    Your inability to judge rationally with regard to Rodgers is your problem.   Blaming everything on him is simple.  Not accurate, but simple. 

Rodgers has enough issues with his game right now that your exaggeration of issues isn't really necessary for people to be disappointed in his performance.   

I think just about everyone understands he no longer is the best, or even one of the best in the game.   You trying to make out that he is a lower tier QB puts all of your evaluations under question.

37 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Linsley short snapped it to the side.    Your inability to judge rationally with regard to Rodgers is your problem.   Blaming everything on him is simple.  Not accurate, but simple. 

Rodgers has enough issues with his game right now that your exaggeration of issues isn't really necessary for people to be disappointed in his performance.   

I think just about everyone understands he no longer is the best, or even one of the best in the game.   You trying to make out that he is a lower tier QB puts all of your evaluations under question.

Koj547j.png

5hhYLOoh.gif

Get the heck out of here with your Rodgers-stan trash takes. That ball couldn't have been more right down the middle. He didn't snap a damn thing to the side. 

Rodgers dropped the sort of football that he would have banished any non-Adams receiver to the bench for 4 games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Getting rid of Linsley weakens the line more than likely, but if Gute and gang has already decided they won't be giving him another deal in GB, then by all means cut him loose and  use his dough to shore up a weakness somewhere else.  

That could be corrected, sign FA Connor McGovern from the Broncos, he's a C/G player that is tuff.  Sign him to play LG or if Patrick can't hold up at C.  If Patrick holds up, then you have a OL of Bak, McGovern, Patrick, Turner and Jenkins.  Need to draft a IOL and T for depth, or resign Veldheer.

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

That could be corrected, sign FA Connor McGovern from the Broncos, he's a C/G player that is tuff.  Sign him to play LG or if Patrick can't hold up at C.  If Patrick holds up, then you have a OL of Bak, McGovern, Patrick, Turner and Jenkins.  Need to draft a IOL and T for depth, or resign Veldheer.

McGovern has an OTC evaluation of 8.8 million? You're paying more for a worse player.

Graham, save $8m  sure he gets cut.  Linsley, save $8.5m, he gets cut.  M. Adams, cap hit $956,194, dead cap $186,194, cap saved $770,000, IMO he gone.  MVS, cap hit is $714,388, dead cap is $108,777, save $605,611.  That $ could go to Lazard, IMO he gone as well.  Now, Taylor is a big question mark.  Could be kept if they plan on moving Jenkins to RT, and play LG.  

Re: Dean Lowry

We can cut him before March 20th and save nothing.

But we get out of paying him 3.7 this year...

I think odds are we get 3.7 in value from him. Maybe he bounces back more stout. The pressure is on Lowry because if the front 7 doesn’t solidify he’s likely one of the pieces we replace.

11 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Graham, save $8m  sure he gets cut.  Linsley, save $8.5m, he gets cut.  M. Adams, cap hit $956,194, dead cap $186,194, cap saved $770,000, IMO he gone.  MVS, cap hit is $714,388, dead cap is $108,777, save $605,611.  That $ could go to Lazard, IMO he gone as well.  Now, Taylor is a big question mark.  Could be kept if they plan on moving Jenkins to RT, and play LG.  

Dude, what are you thinking?

1. The minimum contract value is more than $605,611, you're going to end up more to even bring in a dude on a minimum contract when you replace MVS' roster spot.

2. Lazard is an EFRA for two more seasons. Why would you try to pay Lazard more money. We own him for peanuts for two more seasons. 

3. MVS was 95th in the NFL in receiving yards least year. There's roughly 180 WRs on NFL rosters at the start of the regular season. Why are you trying to cut him? Especially before camp. 

28 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

McGovern has an OTC evaluation of 8.8 million? You're paying more for a worse player.

McGovern is two years younger.  He can play G and C, has a PFF of 71.9.  Linsley two years older, can only play C and has a PFF of 69.8.  I'll give you the PFFs are a wash, McGovern offers more to the power running game then Linsley.  IMO, I think the Packers think Patrick is more suited for the power run game then Linsley.  So, I don't see your argument.  

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dude, what are you thinking?

1. The minimum contract value is more than $605,611, you're going to end up more to even bring in a dude on a minimum contract when you replace MVS' roster spot.

2. Lazard is an EFRA for two more seasons. Why would you try to pay Lazard more money. We own him for peanuts for two more seasons. 

3. MVS was 95th in the NFL in receiving yards least year. There's roughly 180 WRs on NFL rosters at the start of the regular season. Why are you trying to cut him? Especially before camp. 

Dude, my point is, if that $ could be used in a better way, then yeah, they could be cut.  I thought this thread was possible cuts, not sure thing cuts.  As Lazard, sure you can pay him peanuts, as you say, but if they want to lock him up longer, they could offer him a bigger contract, but sure, they could wait.

3 minutes ago, jleisher said:

McGovern is two years younger.  He can play G and C, has a PFF of 71.9.  Linsley two years older, can only play C and has a PFF of 69.8.  I'll give you the PFFs are a wash, McGovern offers more to the power running game then Linsley.  IMO, I think the Packers think Patrick is more suited for the power run game then Linsley.  So, I don't see your argument.  

Him playing Guard isnt really that much of an added bonus. Patrick can play backup to guard and center so we arent hurting for versatility. Even Jenkins could move to center if we were desperate. I'd rather keep the guy that knows the system, has played with our QB, and has playing time with our line from last year. Just keep Linsley for at least 1 more year. We dont need to Mike Daniel's him.