Clark/Suh/Lowry/Davis/Lancaster

Smith/Smith/Gary

Trevathan/Burks/Divinity/Summers/Bolton

Alexander/King/Tramon

Savage/Amos/Sullivan/Gilman

Crosby

Scott

Pifer

Hard to get excited about rolling out the exact same starting offense as last year, other than the addition of Travis Benjamin (turns 31 this season, 52 receptions in the last three years).

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Hard to get excited about rolling out the exact same starting offense as last year,

understandable
They came in at # 15, so they were average in terms of points scored at 23.5/gm 
If the 2020 Packers score 1 more point per game, that puts GB in the Top 10 on offense

I'd guess that GB will see improvement across the board in year 2 of the new offense, so at least some of the improvement comes from within
- and that includes the play caller and HC

We all want to get better by adding outside assets, and surely that's one way to do it.
But I also think many here are discounting the most likley source of improvement and that's development from within.

4 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

understandable
They came in at # 15, so they were average in terms of points scored at 23.5/gm 
If the 2020 Packers score 1 more point per game, that puts GB in the Top 10 on offense

I'd guess that GB will see improvement across the board in year 2 of the new offense, so at least some of the improvement comes from within
- and that includes the play caller and HC

We all want to get better by adding outside assets, and surely that's one way to do it.
But I also think many here are discounting the most likley source of improvement and that's development from within.

Yeah, I fully agree with all of that. I just also want to add firepower at the skill positions. I really liked what I saw from Lazard, and who knows maybe MVS or EQ take a step. But it seemed to me last year that we're lacking what a lot of other teams have, which is a true secondary threat who can get open and make big plays. 

5 hours ago, Golfman said:

ESB has the physical skills to be a decent WR. I think Kumerow has peaked as a JAG. I'd keep the potential. Although EBS has to show something this TC or he could be gone, no doubt. Assuming we add pieces to the WR room by draft and/or free agency, I'd say Kumerow is the likely guy off last years roster to be gone. 

I'm also taking it as a given the Ryan Grant is a goner. 

Between ESB’s rookie year and last camp, I don’t see him as more than a JAG as well (not shifty, mediocre route tree, not really explosive). Given that’s my view on him, I’d go with the guy who’s more developed that can step in and run plays. They are both wr 5s but different types (hope upside and peaked)

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

It appears the Packers have not had any talks with Bulaga or his agent yet so he might not be resigned after all, unless they are waiting to see what his market value is.

I've been back and forth about wanting him back given his age and injury history. I think this is a go see what the market will give you move. It's risky, unless they feel they have a plan to move on without him. If so, what is it? 

8 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Between ESB’s rookie year and last camp, I don’t see him as more than a JAG as well (not shifty, mediocre route tree, not really explosive). Given that’s my view on him, I’d go with the guy who’s more developed that can step in and run plays. They are both wr 5s but different types (hope upside and peaked)

Yup.  Chance to be a good blocker, though.  And good hands.  And a little bit straight-line faster than Kumerow.