Possible cut casualties?

Skippy

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Other than the fumbled snap, what possible piece of evidence could be presented that the Rodgers/Linsley relationship is strained?

Not questioning that one bit ... I think that thought is questionable at best.  Just a matter of time till you get back onto the anti-Rodgers train.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

So if you don't disagree with the point being made, why question it?

Again, the point was you going into the anti-Rodgers yakking ... it didn't take long.  Other than that, don't really care one way or the other on your point.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Again, the point was you going into the anti-Rodgers yakking ... it didn't take long.  Other than that, don't really care one way or the other on your point.

It's not anti-Rodgers. It's a statement of fact. Linsley was a better Center than Rodgers was a QB last year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL on the not anti-Rodgers ...  whatever on the other.

Rodgers choking and fumbling a snap isn't a reason to get rid of Linsley.

Rodgers throwing a dog **** deep ball isn't a reason to get rid of MVS.

****, at some point it's probably worth looking at whether Rodgers refusal to throw over the middle is a reason to get rid of Graham (as opposed to just a pay cut).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're about to pay our average-ish QB 36 million dollars after this year. 

How many avg QBS gave up the ball less. As much as AR was not like he was from 09 to 14 he was still good enough and does not turn the ball over for the amount he does throw. Could have have 5000 harass and 45 tds yep but that guy is gone. I will take 28 tds and 4 pics with a. Good ground game. 

4 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

How many avg QBS gave up the ball less. As much as AR was not like he was from 09 to 14 he was still good enough and does not turn the ball over for the amount he does throw. Could have have 5000 harass and 45 tds yep but that guy is gone. I will take 28 tds and 4 pics with a. Good ground game. 

The interception total is disingenuous. He kills drives in different ways. He's still killing them. 

Sub 1 TD/Million dollar of QB salary is not a recipe for success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

That's the dilemma and reason it's comparable to Daniels. Packers were done with Daniels after last year whether he played for us in 2019 or not. If the Packers feel the same way about Corey, I could see a move there. It weakens the line for sure, but it's about the lesser of two evils in a way. I've rather have a weaker center versus right tackle if I can't have both. Now the plan could be to keep Linsley, resign Veldheer and draft OT at 30. Not a terrible idea but still very risky given the pass rushers in our division alone and knowing Bulaga's prior success against them which we've taken for granted.  

If we're in a budget crunch, it would make sense to cut Linsley and use the money to resign Bulaga. RT is more important than C, and Gute could pick up another C in the mid-rounds who could become a starter next year. Meanwhile, Patrick can do a decent job. It would be harder to replace RT. That would take a high pick this year that could be used for other needs. Of course there is always Spriggs...! Just kidding. It's disturbing that there has been no negotiations with Bulaga, but Gute could be waiting for the new CBA so he knows what kind of financial environment he's negotiating in.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If we're in a budget crunch, it would make sense to cut Linsley and use the money to resign Bulaga. RT is more important than C, and Gute could pick up another C in the mid-rounds who could become a starter next year. Meanwhile, Patrick can do a decent job. It would be harder to replace RT. That would take a high pick this year that could be used for other needs. Of course there is always Spriggs...! Just kidding. It's disturbing that there has been no negotiations with Bulaga, but Gute could be waiting for the new CBA so he knows what kind of financial environment he's negotiating in.

Bulaga is a tough call given his age and propensity to get hurt even though he plays through injury. If the Packers were not on the cusp of being a SB contender, I'd be against pursuing Bulaga. But I'm looking short term (next 2 years) and I'd like to have him for that run, and if it is an either/or proposition, I'm taking Bulaga over Linsley 7 days a week. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Bulaga is a tough call given his age and propensity to get hurt even though he plays through injury. If the Packers were not on the cusp of being a SB contender, I'd be against pursuing Bulaga. But I'm looking short term (next 2 years) and I'd like to have him for that run, and if it is an either/or proposition, I'm taking Bulaga over Linsley 7 days a week. 

I agree with the general premise of the RT over the C.  It gets a bit more complex in that the C is already signed and you know the cap hit at 10.5M vs the unknown of what it might take to sign Bulaga.  What is the number you are willing to go to for Bulaga in terms of per year and overall contract?

Is a $13-14M avg per year on a 3-4 year deal something you are willing to agree to?  Figuring around 30-40% of that is guaranteed