1940s and earlier Horror - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the FINAL entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Horror movie from the 1940s and earlier!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. Nominations will close Monday, 3/2/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Frankenstein (1931) 
The Body Snatcher (1945)
The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Nosferatu (1922) 

Clear cut between Frankenstein and The Body Snatcher though for overall best.  Frankenstein has to take it though I would think, just simply iconic for its time.  

The Body Snatcher though too bad it was not in the 50s, could have easily won that time span.  It is one of the more underrated movies of all time I think.  

p01h8c9w.jpg

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Nominations:

Nosferatu (1922)

Freaks (1932)

The Invisible Man (1933)

Island of Lost Souls (1932)

The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939)

Very true with Freaks, forgot about that one.  Honestly that has nothing on Frankenstein in my opinion though.  And ending in Freaks was a little cheesy to be honest with the chicken lady or whatever that was...  And overall the film was not that freaky outside of the ending which is unique with the rain and all, but ultimately it was pretty slow as a movie throughout.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame?  What?  Not sure that is a horror at all but maybe back in the day, if that is a horror movie Elephant Man is then as well which is absolutely not the case I feel.

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame?  What?  Not sure that is a horror at all but maybe back in the day, if that is a horror movie Elephant Man is then as well which is absolutely not the case I feel.

Not sure if it is horror.  It was on a top X list of horror movies before 1950 so I included it.  

56 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

how does caligari only have 1 nom?

really?

I was mad and needed to step away from this site.

Nominations:

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Nosferatu, Haxan, The Phantom Carriage.  

19 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Freaks

Bride of Frankenstien

thats all i have seen

You should watch Haxan.  Very creepy documentary type horror made in like 1922.  Also The Phantom Carriage.  Both should be in public domain or easy enough to find anywhere.  Cabinet of Dr. Caligari was not a favorite of mine.