CW21's NFL Mock Draft v2020.01

CWood21

1st round pick
Where as Chassion is not my 1st choice for the Falcons in round 1 i don't hate the pick. I personally would take Epenesa at DE over him  after watching tape on both of them alot over the last few months.   Young, Simmons, Brown, and Kinlaw are all gone  so that brings the next tier of guys in Epenesa, Murray, Gross, Queen, Baun and Chassion.  Chassion is last on that list for me but i don't believe we will target gross with his off field problems in the 1st now.   Epenesa murray and queen i think are better players than Chassion coming out so i choose them over him myself.   But i do think Chassion is a 1st round pick in general and a position of need so i wouldn't complain about the pick and it is acceptable and very possible.

2nd round picks
Justin madabuike is a great pickup here and one im very happy to take in the 2nd round every time.  Zero complaints or gripes with this pick.

Dantzler and every other CB in the 1st 4 rounds can dance their but right off our mock drafts as we don't need to target one early or at all.  We have a good core of CB's that performed very well over the end of the season once raheem morris took over our secondary coaching spot again.  Trufant was awesome last year until his injury at the end and Oliver + sheffield looked much improved and i want to give them as much on field experience as possible to get even better.  Blidi-Wreh was surprisingly good as well as our #4 CB and we really need to keep him and then the kid we drafted last year is coming back and needs to get some shine on the field as well in Jordan MIller i think he has a ton of upside.   Now next years draft im probably going to be more open to a earlier CB because we can actually let trufant walk if we want to although im not sure if we do if he is still playing at a good level.  But next offseason is the soonest we could even think about moving on from him as this year he has a 10 million dead money cap hit.  next year it goes down to 5 while we still owe him 10 so next year we could actually have a net gain of 5 million cap space instead of losing cap space by cutting him this year.

here is our main needs we should be looking at and targeting this offseason

DE/Edge
DT/NT
RB
LG/C
OLB
Safety - Depends on Neal and how they feel about his recovery and the value of the guy. Someone like Winfield in round 3 is good value and i would take him if he drops there.

thats the main grouping of targets in the early rounds

Here is the positions we should look at for depth in the say 5th to 7th round or maybe 4th if a really good one drops to us in the 4th and is bpa .
Safety - If neal is good then this drops down a bit as a need
TE - Our offense didn't really miss a beat much without hooper last year when injured.  Seems our offense doesn't use TE as much as i thought in the schemes. Graham looked solid when he was replacing Hooper and has alot of upside with his athletic ability.  We should look for a Vet TE as well to compliment him around 4 to 5 mil and then maybe a rookie with upside that falls in the 5th to 7th round.
CB - As said earlier we have good talent and depth already at CB and they play very well under Morris they just need more experience. But a late round one i wouldn't hate for depth or PS if the value is good. The only CB i take before round 5 is Okudah just based on he is a top 5 talent and would be insane value at 16 if he by a miracle fell there which he wont lol.
QB - This is more so to replace Schaub going forward and save money.  If a guy like Jalen Hurts falls to round 4 or 5 im jumping all over that and not thinking twice about it.
WR - Don't really need one much as we got good players and depth there already but again if a bpa arises thats very good value in round 4 to 7 sure why not take one. 

So for my personal picks based on who you have available to us in each round i would have went

1st - Epenesa - DE
2a - Justin Madubuike -  DT
2b - Jonathon Taylor - RB - J.k Dobbins and Swift were my 1st choices in that order but were already gone so i take the 3rd best rb in the draft :)

In round 3i would target the best LG/C p or best SLB on the board  whichever of the 2 has better value at our pick spot.  Then the other one i would go to FA for probably that way i can go BPA from rounds 4 to 7.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Trades makes things more fun! :D

Bears won't pick a DB with their first pick, even if Diggs is still there (and he won't be). 

Agreed.  I think there's a strong chance of a DET/LAC swap where the Chargers move up for Tua leaving Miami with Herbert.  As for the Bears, where are they going to go?  I think they're grabbing a veteran QB and TE in FA.  I suppose they could go OL twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  I think there's a strong chance of a DET/LAC swap where the Chargers move up for Tua leaving Miami with Herbert.  As for the Bears, where are they going to go?  I think they're grabbing a veteran QB and TE in FA.  I suppose they could go OL twice.

Don't get me wrong. I like the mock, overall.

As to that, I can see the Chargers making such a move. I can also see the Colts making such a move. I can also see Herbert being the second QB taken as he likely won't have to sit for a considerable period of time. (And many like Herbert that much, regardless.)

For the Bears? I dunno, man. I'd LOVE to have Diggs, as you originally mocked, but there's too much else going on, and they already signed Roberson from the CFL. What they're thinking with QB is a mystery--perhaps even to them. If there's a good TE left at #43, he's probably the guy.  I wouldn't be upset (or surprised) if they DID go OL twice in the second...

32. Kansas City Chiefs D'Andre Swift RB, Georgia
63. Matt Hennessy IOL, Temple 

RB in the 1st round, Yech. CB looks picked over, but Diggs would work, or one of the OT.
Hennessy isn't bad, but this is where they look at RB. A penetrating DT, TE, any OL, LB. This one is wide open.

J

On 3/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, CWood21 said:

I honestly think the Chargers are content enough to give Tyrod the starting nod. Coach Lynn has history with him in Buffalo and it really looks like he has been wanting to start him but the Chargers didn’t want the backlash of benching Rivers. I think they are going to pass on a QB to roll the dice in Tyrod and see if he can still be a successful starter. I think if Wirfs is on the board that has to be the selection. 

Tua has some medical questions marks and at 6-0 is small by NFL standards. I think going from an Ironman like Rivers to an undersized QB with a injury red flag is a mistake to spend a top ten pick. Unquestionably he is an exciting prospect but those two factors make me want it to be someone else that takes him. 

Edited by Boltstrikes

Don’t get either pick from the Titans perspective... An interior DL after just drafting Simmons and already having Casey on the roster? Titans need edge help, not interior help unless it’s someone with very good pass-rush abilities. Highly doubt they go back to back with interior DL though. The Hopkins pick in R2 makes a little more sense but it still isn’t a need. Jonnu Smith is one of the more explosive TEs in football and Vrabel and Robinson love him. Who knows what they do with Delanie Walker although he probably just needs to retire. The depth behind Smith right now is Anthony Firkser who is a good receiving threat but not much of a blocker. To me the Titans need a TE who is very efficient in blocking as they look to run their offense through Henry. The Titans needs are simple. I don’t think they’re resigning Conklin as he seems to be pricing himself way out of what he’s actually worth. Dennis Kelly has been the swing OT for the past few seasons and has actually played solid when Conklin has been hurt. I expect him to be resigned and a OT drafted to compete with him for the RT spot. Edge is easily the top position of need. They’re not beating Mahomes without a pass-rush which was far too inconsistent. They’ll also likely lose Logan Ryan who was a key part of their secondary. Edge, CB, OT would be the top 3 needs to me with RB2, QB2(depending what happens with QB1), and a K.