Your top 5 wish list.

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Didn't want to include this in the regular draft thread and lose it. I was hoping for one thread were we could have our wish list. 

Of course possible players only. 

In any rd as well. 

Just keep it realistic. 

and I expect changes will happen after workouts,

So lets have at it gents, who ya got??

Are you talking first round picks, or top 5 players throughout the draft?

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Either or.. 

You can make a top 5 st rds.. or a wish list in rd 2 if you like..

My first round wish list (and I’m going to be as objective as I can be based on who may be available), in no particular order:

DT Javon Kinlaw (though he may not be available now)
WR Henry Ruggs III
DE A.J. Epenesa 
S Xavier McKinney 
WR CeeDeeLamb (I’ve seen multiple mocks where he fell)
If Lamb isn’t realistic, then OG Tristan Wirfs

In rounds 2-3, I like:

WR Michael Pittman, Jr. 
WR Tyler Johnson 
TE Cole Kmet 
DT Leki Fotu 
S Antoine Winfield, Jr.

Edited by plan9misfit

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

My first round wish list (and I’m going to be as objective as I can be based on who may be available), in no particular order:

DT Javon Kinlaw (though he may not be available now)
WR Henry Ruggs III
DE A.J. Epenesa 
S Xavier McKinney 
WR CeeDeeLamb (I’ve seen multiple mocks where he fell)
If Lamb isn’t realistic, then OG Tristan Wirfs

In rounds 2-3, I like:

WR Michael Pittman, Jr. 
WR Tyler Johnson 
TE Cole Kmet 
DT Leki Fotu 
S Antoine Winfield, Jr.

wow, I noticed you have 4 WRs … I love my weapons, but a bit surprised seeing how this isn't a glaring weakness, unless this is without resigning Coop..

21 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

wow, I noticed you have 4 WRs … I love my weapons, but a bit surprised seeing how this isn't a glaring weakness, unless this is without resigning Coop..

The best time to load up on WR talent is when you already have a solid foundation of good players. It's all about creating mismatches, in most cases the 3rd 4th guy is the one that you can rely on after defenses take away your top shelf play makers in tough downs.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

26 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This is one of those drafts I would be REALLY pissed if we don't draft a WR. Soooo deep.

Probably end up like one of those deep TE classes we've seen a couple times in recent drafts. Dallas decided to pass on 2 of them. Frankly, I'll be mildly surprised if Dallas takes a WR at all. My hunch is the focus will be heavy on the defensive side of the ball. I think Coop ends up signing and Cobb returns as well. After that Dez or another FA.

13 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Honestly, it’s more a reflection of the incredible depth at the position this year coupled with whom I believe will be available and which position(s) we’d be likely to select. 

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Honestly, it’s more a reflection of the incredible depth at the position this year coupled with whom I believe will be available and which position(s) we’d be likely to select. 

I wish we would get Dak's deal done, so we could use the non-exclusive tag on Cooper.   I'd still probably grab 1 of each Bowden/Hill and Pittman/T.Johnson/G. Davis in the 2nd-4th.

Round 1:

Javon Kinlaw DT
CJ Henserson CB
K'Lavon Chaisson DE
Xavier McKinney S
AJ Epenesa DE

Round 2:
Michael Ojemundia CB
Jaylon Johnson CB 
Kyle Duggar S
Adam Trautman TE
Jeremy Chinn S

I'd could throw in some WRs, but tbh, I want to see the defense fixed by whatever means are necessary. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Round 1:

Javon Kinlaw DT
CJ Henserson CB
K'Lavon Chaisson DE
Xavier McKinney S
AJ Epenesa DE

Round 2:
Michael Ojemundia CB
Jaylon Johnson CB 
Kyle Duggar S
Adam Trautman TE
Jeremy Chinn S

I'd could throw in some WRs, but tbh, I want to see the defense fixed by whatever means are necessary. 

Is this your reflection of Dallas not signing Byron Jones? or does this stay the same even with a re-signing?

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Is this your reflection of Dallas not signing Byron Jones? or does this stay the same even with a re-signing?

It's the same regardless. Jones just amplifies it, as he's clearly the best they have. They are setting themselves up to have no choice. Every DB on the roster is or will be a FA next year. Until they prove they are willing to invest better in FA, I have to assume they are going to continue building with draft picks. I can easily see a repeat of 2017 where half their picks are DBs. 

Edited by WizardHawk