3/23 Post Free Agency Mock

JarrodR86

Based on currently constructed roster

R1, 12 - Henry Ruggs, WR.. Gruden gets his receiver with speed, ala Antonio Brown that should be able to line up all over and take one to the house on any given play.. I chose him as I feel like there’s a good possibility Lamb and Jeudy are both taken between 7-11.. 

R1, Pick 19 - Trade down with New England # 23 and Round 3#87.. NE selects QB Jordan Love as they kick off an era without Brady.

R1, Pick 23 - CJ Henderson, CB.. Can form a nice duo with Mullen and from what I’ve seen, has good size and speed and isn’t one to shy away from contact. Pick someone we may have grabbed at 19 and picked up another 3rd out of it. 

R2, Pick 52 via Rams - Ashtyn Davis, S.. Should be able to come in and start from Day 1 and the secondary is now set with Mullen, Henderson, Abram and Davis.. All young and talented and on the cheap for a while. 

R3, Pick 80+81+ R5, Pick 159 - Traded to LA Rams for Round 2 Pick # 52.. Rams in tear down mode and need to rebuild roster with depth on cheaper contracts. 

R3, Pick 87 via Patriots - Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR.. Another WR to reshape the weakest part of the offense.. Good size, 4.48 speed, 44” vertical.. Also an experienced punt returner.. Should be able to crack the top 4 rotation and potentially replace Tyrell in the starting lineup by 2021. 

R3, Pick 91 - Malik Harrison, LB.. 2 free agent additions plus a guy like Harrison should be more than formidable unit along with Morrow and Lee.. He’s a thumper in the middle, physical guy that we need and a solid tackler..

R4, Pick 121 - Shane Lemeuix, OG.. Depth for the OG spot, can develop into a starter with some work in an NFL weight room and potentially take over for Richie in 2021.. Good run blocker, work on pass pro and a typical Cable-type lineman.. 

53 MAN ROSTER

QB - Carr/Mariota (2)

RB - Jacobs/Richard/UDFA or low level FA (3)

FB - Ingold (1)

WR - Ruggs/Williams/Renfrow/Peoples-Jones/Agholor/Zay Jones/Doss or Ateman (7)

TE - Waller/Witten/Moreau/O’Leary (4)

OL - Miller/Incognito/Hudson/Jackson/Brown/Good/Sharpe/James/Lemieux (9)

DL - Crosby/Ferrell/Nassib/Key/Collins/Hurst/Hall/Hankins (8)

LB - Littleton/Kwiatkoski/Harrison/Morrow/Lee (5)

CB - Mullen/Henderson/Joyner/Apple/Lawson/Johnson/Nixon (7)

S - Abram, Davis, E. Harris, Heath (4)

ST: LS - Sieg/ P - Cole/ K - Carlson (3)

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum and excellent write up. Love your draft especially. Simmons/Jefferson would be fantastic selections. 

I can’t say I really agree giving up next years 1st for Simmons but if he’s there at 8 I would certainly give the Cardinals two of our 3rds, and Gabe too. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! As much as I would love to bring in both Littleton and Shoebert, I'm not sure we pull it off. A guy can dream though! Other than drafting a developmental qb instead of signing Sudfield, I could get on board with this. Nice work!

Thanks guys! I feel like a trade at 8 is possible, but I also strongly believe Simmons doesn’t make it out of the top 7, hence the trade to 4.. I’m also very ok with standing pat, grabbing the best WR available at 12 (Likely Ruggs or Lamb) and best LB at 19 whether it’s Murray or Queen, and keep everything the same in free agency.. I think the big 3 I have mocked as signings is very doable, and we’re going to be very active and aggressive in free agency.. Within the next year or 2, we can also draft replacements for high cap guys like Carr and Trent Brown, or it may not be much of a concern if Carr excels and the cap rises significantly as it should with new CBA.. We need to hit on all of our top 5 draft picks because cheap production out of those 5 and the core from 2019 will go a long way towards building a dominant roster.. in regards to trading 2021 1st for Simmons, I just felt that a player like him doesn’t come around often and if Grudock feel he’s a guy that transforms the defense, they may go for the Gold.. if not, I’m more than happy with a WR/LB combo at 12 and 19!!

Only issue I have is that we are investing a lot in linebackers but when we play nickel which one drops out ? Wouldn’t want to pay that much for Littleton or Schobert to miss snaps and taking an off the ball in the top 5 he’d better be playing all snaps. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Can’t Simmons move around in the nickel with his athleticism? Thought him playing all over the field for Clemson And his size/4.39 speed was the reason why that may work for our defense!

Yeah I guess but does Guenther scheme do that? 

I’m sure he can make it work. If not, Marinelli is on hand if Guenther is scapegoated if we make these kind of moves and the defense still can’t get offenses off the field and we give up a dumb amount of points like we did in blowout losses last year. I think Paul will have a very short leash.. Rod is a 4-3 zone defense guy and does emphasize 2 linebackers, which Littleton and Schobert are good in coverage.. I’d even substitute Schobert with De’Vondre Campbell in FA as well but I’m sure he can make a Swiss Army knife like Simmons a moveable piece whether it’s in a zone blitz package, etc.. 

loved it, straight up!  if we could make this happen it would be outstanding, I might switch a lber for a dt in fa and then id switch a lber (dye or Wilson) for akers and take lamical perine in the 4th, but other than that everything else is good, real good. and of course....welcome to the forum brother!

55 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

loved it, straight up!  if we could make this happen it would be outstanding, I might switch a lber for a dt in fa and then id switch a lber (dye or Wilson) for akers and take lamical perine in the 4th, but other than that everything else is good, real good. and of course....welcome to the forum brother!

Thank you! I’m not a big draft nut but I tried to project based on top 100 rankings from multiple sites, and pick players based on that as well as need.. just tried to do something realistic.. I’m super excited for FA to begin, didn’t free agency usually begin the first week of March in years past? Now it’s what, the 16th?

• Like 1