Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skaterbirdhouse

Ngakoue will not sign new deal

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

 

You have to franchise tag him. You can't let young pass rushers walk for nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You have to franchise tag him. You can't let young pass rushers walk for nothing. 

You can see the implosion coming before it actually arrives.. 🤔 but somehow Caldwell might turn this into a Yann offseason distraction that capsized the season into a Caldwell 2021 return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jags can easily free up more money. 

Let’s do an analysis of this you’re freeing up more money for what exactly? Potentially now you paint yourself into a corner.. your star FA just put out a PSA saying ‘He’s not signing a long term deal in Jax’... How many free agents do you think realistically are lined up to come play for Jacksonville contrary to what Caldwell says? So you’ll essentially cut players to shed cap.. to in turn NOT be able to replace them with quality FA. So what’s the point of shedding the cap? You’re doing one thing hoping for something else to pan out, with no solid plan if the other plan falls through. So you’re essentially cutting off the nose to spite the face at this point.  If it’s an inept way of running a franchise Jags are putting on a clinic.

Quick example cut Bouye.. cool it frees up much needed money but who replaces him? I’m all for cutting Bouye because he’s not worth the tab.. 🤷‍♂️ But at this point it looks like you have no choice but to keep him.. you’re not going to get that production from a rookie unless he’s at the top of the draft.. you may get lucky but what’s the likelihood slim to none. Therefore you kind of have no choice but to keep him. A new regime would have a luxury in doing that particular cut.. but like you all seem to think Caldwell is on a short leash he can’t really afford to go down that road now can he.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

 

I'd normally be upset about Jalen but considering the return...hard to be upset.

What's done is done. Thankfully the mastermind behind those moves is out of the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I'd normally be upset about Jalen but considering the return...hard to be upset.

What's done is done. Thankfully the mastermind behind those moves is out of the building.

How does that help you this year? This is the year you must win like you said yourself 'whats done is done' no words shall reign much truer. Why? Because even though Coughlin was essentially the problem his actions will still effect the outcome of future events for this franchise. Which why picking and choosing scapegoats in front offices rarely works it looks good in the scheme of things people don't look past whats right in front of their face. This franchises ability to forecast demise laughable its like a full grown adult at the zoo you see all the signs that say don't cross here danger wild animals. Yet somehow either through lack of awareness, just not being able to read, or just throwing caution to the wind and saying F it i'm going to go anyways.. the Jags always mange to find themselves down in the pin with the gorilla getting tossed around. Why? Because they keep playing the same movie back expecting the same results. No matter how you edit it for TV what clips you choose to edit out for instance Coughlin its still going to end up the same way. When you look at the whole picture this team as to essential have a FLAWLESS draft, you have to hope that your draft pretty much is 75% starters and at least 2 players playing at a pro bowl caliber players as rookies. You have to pray Minshew plays at a top 10 QB, you have to hope Allen keeps ascending. You have to hope Wash can fix his act with a team full of second year players and rookies. You can't use any of the draft capital on offensive line you have to trust this coaching staff to vastly improve Cam and Taylor. All your draft capital will essentially be DEFENSE and BPA... This is just for starters.. Every action has a reaction Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

How does that help you this year? This is the year you must win like you said yourself 'whats done is done' no words shall reign much truer. Why? Because even though Coughlin was essentially the problem his actions will still effect the outcome of future events for this franchise. Which why picking and choosing scapegoats in front offices rarely works it looks good in the scheme of things people don't look past whats right in front of their face. This franchises ability to forecast demise laughable its like a full grown adult at the zoo you see all the signs that say don't cross here danger wild animals. Yet somehow either through lack of awareness, just not being able to read, or just throwing caution to the wind and saying F it i'm going to go anyways.. the Jags always mange to find themselves down in the pin with the gorilla getting tossed around. Why? Because they keep playing the same movie back expecting the same results. No matter how you edit it for TV what clips you choose to edit out for instance Coughlin its still going to end up the same way. When you look at the whole picture this team as to essential have a FLAWLESS draft, you have to hope that your draft pretty much is 75% starters and at least 2 players playing at a pro bowl caliber players as rookies. You have to pray Minshew plays at a top 10 QB, you have to hope Allen keeps ascending. You have to hope Wash can fix his act with a team full of second year players and rookies. You can't use any of the draft capital on offensive line you have to trust this coaching staff to vastly improve Cam and Taylor. All your draft capital will essentially be DEFENSE and BPA... This is just for starters.. Every action has a reaction Good Luck.

It doesn't help you win this year, but we weren't winning regardless. I'd much rather stock up picks as a fan to have more opportunities to hit for cheap players/lay the foundation for the future.

Jalen wasn't changing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It doesn't help you win this year, but we weren't winning regardless. I'd much rather stock up picks as a fan to have more opportunities to hit for cheap players/lay the foundation for the future.

Jalen wasn't changing that.

I agree with what you said but bringing this regime back WAS THE DUMBEST THING THEY COULD HAVE DONE. You're letting them waste the draft capital for a vision somebody else will change next year when they crash and burn this year if it was a definition for hustling backwards.. Jags have mastered it and they need full copyrights to the phrase.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

I agree with what you said but bringing this regime back WAS THE DUMBEST THING THEY COULD HAVE DONE. You're letting them waste the draft capital for a vision somebody else will change next year when they crash and burn this year if it was a definition for hustling backwards.. Jags have mastered it and they need full copyrights to the phrase.

Khan already said he knew it wasn't popular and he'd have to answer for it if it was the wrong move next year.

We all wanted a change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Khan already said he knew it wasn't popular and he'd have to answer for it if it was the wrong move next year.

We all wanted a change. 

In case you guys aren’t keeping up the Jags announced interest in trading Foles today.. yet another dumb move of incompetence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

The best idea i have is if we are trading ngakoue throw foles attatched to it

Thats not going to happen. A team is going to need to pay $22-23M for Yan upon conclusion of the deal. Most teams interested aren't in the market for a vet QB.

Worst case we keep his cap on the books (trade wouldn't change that much).

Get pick(s) for Yan if a deal can't be reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×