Ngakoue will not sign new deal

On 19/03/2020 at 8:01 AM, .Buzz said:

Makes sense to me.  Howie and the Eagles are a smart front office.  Smart teams will stock up on top tier pass rushers at every opportunity.  So interest in Yan would be pretty much automatic for them, i'm sure.

7 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Darn well better start with a 1st...and unless it's a higher 1st, add a decent bit from there tbh.

Sounds like Dave's taking the Foles approach. Yan's not going anywhere unless someone pays up exactly what they want thankfully.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sounds like Dave's taking the Foles approach. Yan's not going anywhere unless someone pays up exactly what they want thankfully.

As he should.  Yan is an absolutely premium asset.  The guy has been at least a Top-30 edge rusher every year he's been in the NFL, in a league with 32 teams.  With peaks up in the Top-10 sack generators...and that's not even considering his aptitude in creating game-changing turnovers.

With teams clambering to add more pass rushers...the opportunity to add a bonafide stud, at a young age...should have suitors lining up around the block.  Especially considering what other decent pass rushers are getting as FAs on the market right now.

Yan is obviously making it more difficult to hold a strong position, by making it abundantly clear he wants out.  But considering his cheap 3rd round rookie contract...i'm not convinced he's in a position to actually sit out a season of his prime making that real cheese.  Even on the Franchise tag.  Think that has to kinda undermine his position, such that Dave should still be able to hold out for a really strong return.

The fact they hit it out of the park with a 3rd round pick, maybe kinda save Dave from his own mess here.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's what you do, if you want to be...Not a Jaguar Anymore.

Except I'm not so sure that it is.

Dave isn't trading him for a mid round pick. He's shown he's not moving off his price unless someone comes to his demands. We already have the cap allocated with no one to spend it on.

If he wants to sit out and do this all over again next year...

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Shipley makes a good point here...

Yeah.  I think, and at least hope this is the case.  Because honestly...i think Yan is worth at least as much as Jalen.

But Jalen was a unique case, in that he's such a high profile player.  He's got that draft pedigree.  He's the prime "big trade" target.  Yan is probably the smarter trade target...but he doesn't have the same profile around the league.  A lot of people don't seem to understand how good he is.  And ultimately...that can factor into things.  Especially when we're not actually playing football right now, and it's just undertermined numbers of months to rake whatever team over the coals for giving up so much for some "no name nobody".

35 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Except I'm not so sure that it is.

Dave isn't trading him for a mid round pick. He's shown he's not moving off his price unless someone comes to his demands. We already have the cap allocated with no one to spend it on.

If he wants to sit out and do this all over again next year...

It's a high stakes staring contest.  Who blinks first?

19 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

It's a high stakes staring contest.  Who blinks first?

I have no reason to doubt Dave does what I said personally.

Unless you're getting a premium pick what good does trading him do? Let him sit or let him play on the tag, imo. I'd rather let him be upset and sit then trade him for a 3rd. He's 25 and top 5 in pressures since 2016.

So far, Dave hasn't shown he will be desperate in trades if he doesn't get what he's looking for. Considering how we value Yan, I suspect that will carry into trade talks.

• Like 1