Ngakoue will not sign new deal

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

Isn’t this what Shad tried to do with Jalen? And then got a little bit of egg on his face when Jalen lied to him. 

Yeah, think the idea is he's gotta shut the door on letting players demand their way out at some point.

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, think the idea is he's gotta shut the door on letting players demand their way out at some point.

That honestly seems like it’s just going to make things worse.

The NFL, and really sports contracts in general, are largely built on limiting player autonomy. But a lot of players seem to take the limited autonomy that they are given rather seriously; whether it be through holdouts or by explicitly making it known they no longer have an interest in playing for a team and wanting out. Further limiting that seems like it would play into the idea that Coughlin wasn’t the only one out of touch with what players want. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pwny said:

That honestly seems like it’s just going to make things worse.

The NFL, and really sports contracts in general, are largely built on limiting player autonomy. But a lot of players seem to take the limited autonomy that they are given rather seriously; whether it be through holdouts or by explicitly making it known they no longer have an interest in playing for a team and wanting out. Further limiting that seems like it would play into the idea that Coughlin wasn’t the only one out of touch with what players want. 

I agree, but I also don't think you can just ship him for anything. Dealing him for minimal compensation doesn't help us at all either. So hopefully a solid deal comes in leading up to the draft.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I agree, but I also don't think you can just ship him for anything. Dealing him for minimal compensation doesn't help us at all either. So hopefully a solid deal comes in leading up to the draft.

I've seen a few sources say that teams are looking at him for a potential draft day trade. So maybe some teams picking in the teens or twenties have 1-2 players they are hoping fall, but if they don't, they offer that pick up for him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pwny said:

I've seen a few sources say that teams are looking at him for a potential draft day trade. So maybe some teams picking in the teens or twenties have 1-2 players they are hoping fall, but if they don't, they offer that pick up for him.

That's my hope.

I wouldn't be super upset if it ended up being a 2 if it was like #36 from NYG and a high pick next year...but that would still be sort of difficult to swallow given Yan's talent.

Get the feeling Seattle will end up being the team, especially if Clowney really is not an option any longer for them like it's been reported.

On 09/04/2020 at 12:16 PM, pwny said:

It's a year where the edge rusher class is trash.  A guy like Yan should be more valuable than usual in a year like this.  Have to find a way to make *some* good out of an idiotic situation.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

The fan in me hopes this somehow works out still. Somehow. Even though I know a lot of the stuff that happened behind the scenes, and don’t believe it can be fixed, I hope.

I’m honestly shocked Pwny. Thought this team beat the hope right outta you. I’d be lying if i said there wasnt the slightest shred of hope in my heart of hearts but its fading

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’m honestly shocked Pwny. Thought this team beat the hope right outta you. I’d be lying if i said there wasnt the slightest shred of hope in my heart of hearts but its fading

I expect trash, and hope I’m wrong. Expectations seem to win out though. 

13 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yann with a post on IG saying, "Keep the love, I want loyalty."

I don't think it's happening y'all.

I don’t either. Especially with all the stuff I told you about, it just doesn’t seem like things are even a little bit likely to change. There’s just too much he’s upset with for it to all go away.

But I’m going to hope.