Ngakoue will not sign new deal

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He can't even sign a long term deal right now though, can he?

So maybe he plays on the tag than next year either something gets worked out contractually here or a trade?

He can’t sign a deal, but they could theoretically work out a deal now, sign it all and then just have it dated so he could submit it to the league when a new contract is allowed. It’d definitely be a mess to implement. But if the team is trying to rectify the situation, it’s at least worth trying to offer up a larger sum to see if he would forgive the sins of the franchise. 

Just now, pwny said:

He can’t sign a deal, but they could theoretically work out a deal now, sign it all and then just have it dated so he could submit it to the league when a new contract is allowed. It’d definitely be a mess to implement. But if the team is trying to rectify the situation, it’s at least worth trying to offer up a larger sum to see if he would forgive the sins of the franchise. 

Gotta imagine that's what is being done. You can tell Dave has been trying to be as respectful to Yan as he possibly can since this whole thing started. Gotta imagine it's for public image, but also to hopefully gain good will towards Yan/repair the relationship.

Fingers crossed. Still doubt it happens but definitely the best I've felt about this situation since last year.

Dave on the Frangie show also said when communication is present he thinks its a lot more likely to come to a good resolution whether it's "here or elsewhere"...although also doubled down on saying value needs to make sense for the player.

Hmm

On 8/4/2020 at 9:12 AM, LinderFournette said:

And given the resources weve invested in the edge position aka 2 1st rounders hes not worth 20 million. 

Hes gonna be shocked when no one pays him big money.  Next years cap reduction combined with not playing a year not gonna be many suiters

You're completely ignoring the opportunity cost of that though.  The fact is...Yan has a particular value.  He's somewhere in that 20M range, realistically...based on the sort of pressure, sacks, turnovers he's repeatedly proven he can generate.  And at the end of the day...if the Jaguars just had Yan on their roster...they don't have a reason to go out and invest those sort of assets on yet another edge rusher.  A pick which could've otherwise, been spent on one of the million other positions of dire need on the Jaguars roster.

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hearing a 2 like there are 2 teams that want him? 2 different offers from the same team or is it just a 2nd round pick?

Lol I would imagine a 2nd...would be awful wording if it was two teams.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

A 2nd for Yannick would be a home run for the new team imo. 

How would you guys feel with that return?

He's on a tag, can't he extended until after this year, and is unhappy here.

What are we supposed to do?

Unfortunate it got to this point as I'd rather keep him but...

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

He's on a tag, can't he extended until after this year, and is unhappy here.

What are we supposed to do?

Unfortunate it got to this point as I'd rather keep him but...

I definitely understand why the Jags need to, moreso wondering how the return of a 2nd would fare with you posters. Would you be content all things considered?

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A 2nd for Yannick would be a home run for the new team imo. 

How would you guys feel with that return?

It's horrible compensation, but the team painted themselves into a corner, so I mean that's really all they can do.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I definitely understand why the Jags need to, moreso wondering how the return of a 2nd would fare with you posters. Would you be content all things considered?

It'd be about the most "meh" deal I could think of. 

Obviously most of us wanted a 1 if not a 1+, but given the fact he's at where he is contractually and the relationship is where it's at it's tough to really get too up in arms.

Wouldn't shock me to see a player involved though.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Wouldn't shock me to see a player involved though.

The Raiders were rumored to be in touch about a Yannick trade months ago but that obviously never went anywhere. We would have to clear a good chunk of cap space to make it work but there are some vets we can cut for little to no dead money. Like a Gabe Jackson or Lamarcus Joyner.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.