Ngakoue will not sign new deal

18 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I get the man is prideful but damn...I figured this was the case when he dropped the nugget that we're offering $22M per.

Like our ******* Coughlin never did anything illegal, even under a currently established CBA.

Players don't want to play for a sinking ship.  It's not complicated.  They ****ed everything up, and now we're losing a great player because people in charge were stupid and the dude at the top is slowly moving the team to London one year at a time to pad his own personal bottom line.  I'd want out if i were Yan.  Whatever the tampering and whatever the numbers are.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 2:23 PM, .Buzz said:

Just feels like it's gone too far down this stupid road toward trading him already.  When the relationship has soured that badly...yeah, maybe he shows up and plays on the tag for a year...but then you're getting nothing for him when he walks.

It sucks, but kinda feels like they've backed themselves into a corner where he's going to force his way off the team sooner or later, one way or another...and i'd rather at least get something good for him, while they still can.

Hoping against hope that they can find a way to mend fences and get a long-term deal worked out with Yan.  Just don't see how it happens after all that's gone down.

22 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Just feels like it's gone too far down this stupid road toward trading him already.  When the relationship has soured that badly...yeah, maybe he shows up and plays on the tag for a year...but then you're getting nothing for him when he walks.

It sucks, but kinda feels like they've backed themselves into a corner where he's going to force his way off the team sooner or later, one way or another...and i'd rather at least get something good for him, while they still can.

Hoping against hope that they can find a way to mend fences and get a long-term deal worked out with Yan.  Just don't see how it happens after all that's gone down.

He's gone.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's gone.

Yeah.  It's just so mind-numbingly stupid though.

Like...this absolute gift Josh Allen falls right into your lap and you've finally got two amazing edge rushers with elite potential in your defensive front.

So in a twisted and stupid version of the birds in hand/bush idiomatic wisdom thing...

You've got two birds in hand.  You shoot one of the birds, toss its corpse into the bush and hope whatever you get back is enough to be worth at least something close to what you originally had in your hand.  Instead of just...having two birds in hand, like a normal person with reasoning faculties.

I just refuse to blame this all on Coughlin.  I'm sure he was the genesis of the rift.  But if your current GM can't mend fences with a player as important as Yan...maybe you should've hired a guy who wasn't there when all the bad **** went down?

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It's just so mind-numbingly stupid though.

Like...this absolute gift Josh Allen falls right into your lap and you've finally got two amazing edge rushers with elite potential in your defensive front.

So in a twisted and stupid version of the birds in hand/bush idiomatic wisdom thing...

You've got two birds in hand.  You shoot one of the birds, toss its corpse into the bush and hope whatever you get back is enough to be worth at least something close to what you originally had in your hand.  Instead of just...having two birds in hand, like a normal person with reasoning faculties.

I just refuse to blame this all on Coughlin.  I'm sure he was the genesis of the rift.  But if your current GM can't mend fences with a player as important as Yan...maybe you should've hired a guy who wasn't there when all the bad **** went down?

I dont blame it all on Coughlin but I do blame it on Caldwell and ownership for allowing him to stick around for as long as he did. Like they were just hoping they didn't have to fire someone once considered to be Jaguar royalty and that all of this would just go away...but Coughlin is a rule nazi that doesnt actually want to follow them, probably has no remorse for what he did and Caldwell/Ownership now get to reap what the sow of allowing the most talented pass rusher we've drafted possibly ever to walk away for reasons not tied strictly to money 

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont blame it all on Coughlin but I do blame it on Caldwell and ownership for allowing him to stick around for as long as he did. Like they were just hoping they didn't have to fire someone once considered to be Jaguar royalty and that all of this would just go away...but Coughlin is a rule nazi that doesnt actually want to follow them, probably has no remorse for what he did and Caldwell/Ownership now get to reap what the sow of allowing the most talented pass rusher we've drafted possibly ever to walk away for reasons not tied strictly to money 

Pretty much feel the same way.

Well thankfully we drafted s guy who will now take his place as best pass rusher we've ever drafted. Just would be nice to have both.

• Like 1

Imagine if you worked for a company where your immediate boss was awful to you. You did your job, did it well and for the most part things were good. Now you're up for a raise/promotion and he dogs you the entire time and says we're done with the process now(before it ever even really started), its not happening, get back to work. You're pissed, maybe you go to upper management and voice your concerns where you are 100% in the right. UM tells you that they'll look into it and talk to your boss, maybe they do, maybe they dont but things dont get any better. You play out almost your entire busy season under the supervision of your terrible boss with just more and more anger towards the team because you've done your job and now contract talks are still where they were months ago. Now that you've done your job in the busy season to the best of your ability and at a massive discount mind-you, they decide to fire him and they think those "swift" actions were enough to keep you around for the next 5 years? Nope, sorry. Bye

Just now, .Buzz said:

Well thankfully we drafted s guy who will now take his place as best pass rusher we've ever drafted. Just would be nice to have both.

Right? I know some people said he could replace Yan when we drafted him but why not have both? The 2 of them combined for 4 years would still be GREAT value even if Yan got 22M because Allen would be on the cheap. I dont think the Colts wish they didn't have Freeney and Mathis. Yes they were run liabilities but in this NFL you gotta get the QB. 

• Like 2

On 15/03/2020 at 6:54 AM, .Buzz said:

It's just so darn difficult to cheer for a team that managed to turn this windfall into a problem somehow.  It's so stupid.  And they keep most of the management team that scuttled things?

• Like 1