GDT Week 3: Cowboys v. Cardinals on MNF

D82

My liver can't take getting beat like that again.

It's a phenomenon. The more the Cowboys get their *** whooped the less sense my posts make.  Then there's the misplaced aggression and I can only resort to self banishment.  If Webby won't ball up and ban hammer me for my transgressions then I'll do the damn job myself...

But it's been a week and my ban is over!

Keys to the game:

1. The best thing that happened to the Cowboy's is Nolan Carroll being out.  He has a lacerated pride or something but thank Randy White he can't go this week. I'm worried that he wont be able to keep his children covered this winter.

2. Jeff Heath is still white. That's something that has only been side-stepped by Eric Weddle in the modern era. Its not racist. It's genetics.

3. D. Moore is back this week. Watch out! Him paired with Lawrence could be productive. If he is active.  

4. Scott Linehan called 2 running plays to Zeke by the end of the 1st qt against the Broncos. Score was 7-0 at that break.  They weren't home runs and the run game was abandoned.  9 carries for Zeke total but like 6 of them were shot gun attempts. How many of those 9 carries were out of the I?  How many of those 9 carries were 3 wide in the gun? I'd be interested to know.  We won't win until we get an OC that can design effective running attacks. Linehans idea of a power run is a shotgun draw on 2nd down.

4. Orlando Scandrick is back.  Thank the Lort. 

5. Dan Bailey.

6. Having two 4's

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

My liver can't take getting beat like that again.

It's a phenomenon. The more the Cowboys get their *** whooped the less sense my posts make.  Then there's the misplaced aggression and I can only resort to self banishment.  If Webby won't ball up and ban hammer me for my transgressions then I'll do the damn job myself...

But it's been a week and my ban is over!

Keys to the game:

1. The best thing that happened to the Cowboy's is Nolan Carroll being out.  He has a lacerated pride or something but thank Randy White he can't go this week. I'm worried that he wont be able to keep his children covered this winter.

2. Jeff Heath is still white. That's something that has only been side-stepped by Eric Weddle in the modern era. Its not racist. It's genetics.

3. D. Moore is back this week. Watch out! Him paired with Lawrence could be productive. If he is active.  

4. Scott Linehan called 2 running plays to Zeke by the end of the 1st qt against the Broncos. Score was 7-0 at that break.  They weren't home runs and the run game was abandoned.  9 carries for Zeke total but like 6 of them were shot gun attempts. How many of those 9 carries were out of the I?  How many of those 9 carries were 3 wide in the gun? I'd be interested to know.  We won't win until we get an OC that can design effective running attacks. Linehans idea of a power run is a shotgun draw on 2nd down.

4. Orlando Scandrick is back.  Thank the Lort. 

5. Dan Bailey.

6. Having two 4's

You were banned?

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You were banned?

I banned myself after the blowout loss.  It was more of a personal sacrifice to the football Gods. Hopefully my fast from the forum is blessed by a Cowboys victory tonight.  I'll be wearing an inside-out baseball cap as well. 

Keys to the game:

Proper halftime adjustments offensively. Stop beating the same wall with your forehead when it isnt working.

Dez playing a bigger overall role - this is the best receiver on the team. He needs to be moved around and running routes designed to get him the ball in space against a D known for complex blitzing.

Dak needs to properly identify blitzes and assign protections accordingly. This Arizona D is great at disguising the rush, and if you make a mistake doing so, you wont only get clobbered, but you will turn it over.

Press Fitzgerald. If you allow him a clean release into.soft zone, its like playing catch in your backyard.

Byron Jones MUST play well at centerfield. If we divert from robber zones and go into a deep halves shell, the speed of the non-fitzgerald receivers will carve up the D with YAC. Byron needs to play deep solo to hold down the perimiters against a QB known for his love of vertical routes, while allowing Heath and Lee to eliminate YAC potential of a system that thrives on it.

Pressure in the middle. Palmer is notorious for turnovers caused by pressure from the middle. He is not capable of avoiding center rushes. On the edge, he is veteran savvy enough to step up and deliver a throw. Middle is key.

Of all the keys to this game, any there are probably many, I feel we need a big play in the passing game to open up stuff. It seems like everything is a dump off or forced run against an 8 man front. When was the last time anyone can remember a deep post play from Dallas going for a TD. I don't want either a go route or skinny slant from Dez. I want him all over the field.

i have just seen too many crazy things happen too us in this place I just want a win to put those demons out of my mind.  This team should win the game if they play hard trust their team mates and make the plays they are capable of.  Dak needs to be focused like he was all of last year take what is given don't try to force things to Dez or Witten don't over think things.   On D  I just don't know so much was wrong I felt like all game players were out of position to stop what Denver was doing

Archived