POST COMBINE MOCK DRAFT. BARRETT 2.0

JBarrett1984

11 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Ya NO Chance that kind of trade happens LOL.  2 first round picks and 2 second round picks plus a late round pick to move up 3 spots for a rookie QB with a fractured hip, that will likely be available at pick 5.  I also noticed how the Skins landed Ngokue for light compensation.  I smell a Redskins Fan.

Not a redskins fan at all! I have the skins trading this draft's 3rd & a conditional 2nd in next year's draft. So AT WORST, the jags can end up with 2-3rd rd picks.  Please note that the redskins would also be taking in over 16-19m in cap by trading for the stud DE. 

As for TUA; yes the injury is daunting, but the value he possesses is still at a high-point.  A ton of teams would be willing to trade up to grab the talented QB.  As for the Dolphins, they rather keep the 18th & 26th overall pick in order to build around the rookie QB.  The Texans picks for next season will possibly be a in the mid-late 20's. I will say; if it isnt Miami trading up for Tua, it'll be either the Colts or Chargers GUARANTEED!

On 3/2/2020 at 2:17 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

Bad Steelers pick. We just spent a ton of draft capital to take Bush last year. No way we take another MACK ILB with our first pick. I'd say Ruiz, Kmet, maybe a RB, Claypool or Reagar, really anyone but an ILB. 

Guessing he changed it but still not in love with the pick. Cushenberry would be an ok pick if there were literally no TEs or EDGEs on the board worth taking but Kmet and Okwara were both still available. I'm not even a huge Kmet fan but he would definitely be a better pick there.

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Thanks for the hard work. In future mocks please give us Queen over Murray. Almost no Raider fan prefers Murray. 

You guys should prefer Murray. Queen is overhyped garbage. Even his best game tape was pretty mediocre. He's just athletic.

8 hours ago, JBarrett1984 said:

Not a redskins fan at all! I have the skins trading this draft's 3rd & a conditional 2nd in next year's draft. So AT WORST, the jags can end up with 2-3rd rd picks.  Please note that the redskins would also be taking in over 16-19m in cap by trading for the stud DE. 

As for TUA; yes the injury is daunting, but the value he possesses is still at a high-point.  A ton of teams would be willing to trade up to grab the talented QB.  As for the Dolphins, they rather keep the 18th & 26th overall pick in order to build around the rookie QB.  The Texans picks for next season will possibly be a in the mid-late 20's. I will say; if it isnt Miami trading up for Tua, it'll be either the Colts or Chargers GUARANTEED!

That’s essentially 1 3rd round pick gained for Jax since at a $16-$19 mil annual salary they would get a 4th round ( 3rd round depending on how you look at it ) comp pick just for letting Ngokue walk.  I think Jax asks for a first and settles for a second, but I could be wrong.

As for Tua; I disagree, based off what we know about his injury right now I can’t see ANY team mortgaging their future to move up for such a big question mark.  He didn’t just suffer a dislocated hip, he also FRACTURED the posterior rim of the hip......the only way to repair the damage from that type of fracture is a total hip replacement.  Tua doesn’t even know for a fact if he can play again much less NFL teams.  Given what’s on the line for Tua, doctors will clear him to play again and will have him endure the pain for as long as he can before having the hip replaced.......Maybe he gets 6 years, maybe he gets 10 years but at some point he will suffer arthritis to that hip rim which will be difficult to manage.  Maybe he is able to manage the pain and play at a high level and maybe not, but he will never be as quick footed as prior to the injury.  This is the same injury that ended Bo Jackson’s career only Jackson unluckily suffered bone necrosis of the femur whereas Tua luckily did not.  Nevertheless the very nature of this injury is chronic and will always be an issue for Tua going forward.

The Colts don’t have the fire power to move into the top 5.  Maybe Miami trades up to draft Tua but due to his legit injury concerns I don’t believe Miami will mortgage multiple first round picks.  I think the most Miami offers is to the Lions at 3 and it’s a swap of pick 3 for pick 5 and pick 39 and maybe a later round pick to sweeten the pot.  Right now, there is a VERY real possibility of Tua being available at 5.

Edited by Swampbilly

On 3/2/2020 at 11:18 PM, badgers0821 said:

Am I crazy or are you saying Alshon Jeffery is worth negative draft capital?

I can’t see Taylor lasting to 57 after his combine.

I actually like the Baun pick as the Packers need a LB that can cover, it was our biggest weakness on D last year.

As an eagles fan I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.