Strangest careers

Elky

On 3/18/2020 at 6:25 PM, thebestever6 said:

This may be a little off Topic but how about Matt Jones.

Was a college QB drafted in the top half of the first round as a wr. Has that ever been done before or again? Skill players switching position and still going first round?

I think he's the reason nobody does that anymore. xD

• Like 2

Marc Bulger.. Dude was a freaking stud. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/bulger-never-got-the-credit-he-deserved/article_b66d08fa-d003-5c3b-8aa2-c88ad36ce6b7.amp.html

Mike Martz got him killed. 

Every Sunday, I used to watch this guy after games drag his body back to his locker stall. A few years ago, I saw him with his shirt off after one particular game, and I swear there was the most hideous purple and reddish contusion on his back the likes of which I'd never seen in an NFL locker room. Bulger was a poster boy for the darker side of the game, and he accepted this with little or no complaint.

Bulger played constantly with battered ribs and so many back and neck injuries that he often struggled to breathe properly during and after games. He lived in a world one filled with ice packs and pain killers. He lived in a world where the obligation to play was blurred constantly by the inability to know if you are being a brave teammate who is willing to play with a little pain or a damned fool who sacrificed too much by playing injured, but did it anyway for the good of the team, or the fear of losing his job.

• Like 1