Strangest careers

Elky

3 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Eddie Lacy & Kelvin Benjamin come to mind

Imagine having the potential to be one of the top players at your position (and having already shown glimpses of greatness), only to not be able to stay in shape. You would think a professional athlete would have no problem remaining athletic. Very strange to me

Karlos Williams - remember him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Karlos Williams - remember him?

Yup lol

Another good example.

I just don't get it, man. Losing 15lbs is the difference between making millions in the NFL and making 75K in the CFL

Kelvin and Eddie are out of football entirely, so maybe they just didn't care enough. But Karlos is still playing in the CFL

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Canuck said:

But Karlos is still playing in the CFL

He is? Wow, interesting. I really thought he was going to be a monster after his rookie season, then he blew up to 260 out of nowhere (then blamed his pregnant wife and her cravings getting him to eat garbage at all hours of the night). Then he got hit with a PED suspension... Then he hit his wife, wow (didn't know that either).

Just a waste of talent, he had so much ability at the position. 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

This should obviously be renamed the "Michael Clayton" thread.

Rookie Year:

80 catches 1,193 yards, 7 TD

Final career stats (6 years)

223 catches, 2,955 yards, 10 TD

Apparently, Clayton may have fell off after 2004 because there is too much to do in Tampa. Charlie Campbell of Walter Football just indicated this when talking about Sooner WR CeeDee Lamb:

"[Lamb] definitely shouldn't go to a place like Miami, or Tampa Bay. That could be Michael Clayton all over again," said one scout. "I'll put it to you this way. He would be awesome in Green Bay."

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Senior-Bowl-Rumors-Tuesday

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

He is? Wow, interesting. I really thought he was going to be a monster after his rookie season, then he blew up to 260 out of nowhere (then blamed his pregnant wife and her cravings getting him to eat garbage at all hours of the night). Then he got hit with a PED suspension...

Just a waste of talent, he had so much ability at the position. 

He just signed with the Argos in November. Maybe he's trying for a comeback. We shall see

Jared Lorenzen 

Jerome Harrison & Matt Flynn as one-game wonders

Albert Haynesworth and how he became so bad

Tim Tebow - somehow drafted in the 1st round, plays terrible but does well on a random playoff run, joins the Rex-Sanchez Jets circus and flames out

On 3/2/2020 at 5:13 PM, LieutenantGains said:

I'm amazed in general at how much those Rams teams turned it over

1999 - 31

2000 - 35

2001 - 44

It was a little closer to normal at the time, for what it's worth. League average was about 30-31 turnovers across those three seasons. So they were really about average two of the three years. '01 was the only horrible year. Fumbling 38 times that year is just kind of....crazy.