Pick a Bust - 2020

BrownLeader

41 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

How have yall been on paying to upgrade facilities and get top notch assistant coaches?

Genuinely asking cause I thought that was part of the 'cheap' narrative.

It’s definitely odd we don’t have an indoor facility yet. I’ll give you that. Paying assistant coaches is something I’ve never heard before. Where would someone get access to those numbers?

We’ve had complaints of having a small scouting department, but up until these last 3 or 4 drafts we’ve been one of the better drafting teams in the league. 

I don’t think it’s enough to derail Burrow’s career.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, HoboRocket said:

If I had to pick someone who would bust...

DK Metcalf? Love the size-speed combo - he just hasn't put it all together for a full season. I'd love to look like an idiot for saying this, though, because he's just so gifted. But if we're picking someone with high bust potential, it's him. He has struggled to stay on the field and also there have been times when it looked like his chemistry with Ta'Amu are off. People are talking about him being the #1 receiver this year, and I don't know if I would slot him there. He's talented, but the hype is unreal sometimes. Just worried he's more Donte Moncrief than Calvin Johnson.

As far as the QB discussion goes, I like both Haskins and Murray. Legit, my only problem with Murray is that you'll need to tailor-make your offense for him to account for the height. He looks thick enough - stockier than Cousins or Goff.

Accountability. Though, to be fair, the Seahawks put him in a great spot across from Tyler Lockett and letting DK just do his thing. Still, it's looking promising with him and I'm glad.

As for this year... I'll say Jalen Reagor looks pretty stiff, and while he looks like he has good speed, he's been playing in the Big-12. With a track background, he still only managed a 4.47 at the Combine - which, while good, isn't enough for me to make up for his stiffness. He's not as creative after the catch as people had led me to believe, and he goes down at first contact too often. He looks like a less-productive KD Cannon right now.

I could see Laviska Shenault busting due to injury issues or getting paired with a bad OC. Dude could be straight-up savage in the pros, but he's probably a wingback in the NFL and a lot of teams don't feature that kind of player. Put him in New Orleans, or maybe as Robert Woods' successor in L.A. He's tough as nails, but like I said earlier, his durability is absolutely a concern.

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

It’s definitely odd we don’t have an indoor facility yet. I’ll give you that. Paying assistant coaches is something I’ve never heard before. Where would someone get access to those numbers?

We’ve had complaints of having a small scouting department, but up until these last 3 or 4 drafts we’ve been one of the better drafting teams in the league. 

I don’t think it’s enough to derail Burrow’s career.

I might have been thinking about the scouting department not the assistant coaches.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TDTimes said:

QB — Tua.  Threw to an All-Star team at Alabama; he won’t have that luxury in the NFL, at least in the beginning.  I don’t see elite speed, nor arm, nor size.  He’ll need the perfect landing spot to live up to expectations.

Couldnt agree more! This guy is Cade McNown all over again. Watch the highlights as they are eerily similar. Tua sucked against pretty much every team he faced with equal talent/decent defense. Benched in the NC game for Hurts. Looked terrible against LSU in the first half. I just do not see it with Tua.

7 minutes ago, BZski said:

Couldnt agree more! This guy is Cade McNown all over again. Watch the highlights as they are eerily similar. Tua sucked against pretty much every team he faced with equal talent/decent defense. Benched in the NC game for Hurts. Looked terrible against LSU in the first half. I just do not see it with Tua.

Other way around

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hurts got benched for Tua in the NCG against UGA.  Then the next year, Tua got benched for Hurts in the NCG against Clemson.

Played one series with about a min or so left in the game, the whole team got benched

Not nearly the same as what happened the previous year

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I might have been thinking about the scouting department not the assistant coaches.

I thought you might have meant scouts. This report from Rapaport was encouraging. It looks as though we’re determined to smother the spending (or lack of) in FA narrative. He also touches upon what I addressed earlier, about where our spending actually goes.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I thought you might have meant scouts. This report from Rapaport was encouraging. It looks as though we’re determined to smother the spending (or lack of) in FA narrative. He also touches upon what I addressed earlier, about where our spending actually goes.

Yeah, I got that mixed up.

Equipment was the other thing.  I had gone back to do some more research and Houshmanzadeh did an interview where he talked about them having to re-use old jock straps.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, I got that mixed up.

Equipment was the other thing.  I had gone back to do some more research and Houshmanzadeh did an interview where he talked about them having to re-use old jock straps.

Haha, that’s just awesome. Maybe you’re right. Maybe we are cheap when it comes to “luxury items” like jockstraps and practice facilities.

QB. Joe Burrow (small hands, avg mobility-accuracy- and arm strength) If he can't read defenses at the next level as fast as he was able to this year in college he could be disappointing. Also lets face it, if he ends up being a bangle odds do not bode well for him.

RB.  Zack Moss (Tough RB that likes to play through injuries but does this cause him to be dinged up to often?)

WR. Laviska Shenault ( This is tuff for me to say because I really like this kid but again injuries could be a concern here.)

TE Albert Okwuegbunam ( Honestly just don't know if I love any TE's this year and currently have this kid ranked number 1)

OT Josh Jones ( I seem to have him ranked lower than anyone else on this forum so why not pick him) #8 OT btw 1st rnd grade still

IOL Nick Harris ( Might not be nasty enough for the trenches)

IDL Derrick Brown ( I'm on an island thinking this kid is number 2 behind Kinlaw so...)

Edge Marlon Davidson ( I just didn't see dominate pass rush ability)

LB Patrick Queen ( due to lack of LB talent I believe Queen will be drafted higher than he is valued. His ability to finish tackles is a concern of mine)

CB Treven Diggs ( I currently have him ranked 6th and dropping, not sure if this one qualifies for the Q though because Brown has him like 13 or something)

S Ashtyn Davis ( Not sure if he will produce as a second round talent)